Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Side Exhaust Pipe

Donnie,
    I have just remembered something from the dim and distant past. In a Pitstop many years ago someone wrote up a combination systen that had a side exit under the running board but continued past the rear axle and exited at the back. I had a look at this at the time and there is enough room. You could go the tandem silencer route with this.

Good luck,
    Dane
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Thanks, Dane.
      I think I read a mention about that on another 'exhaust' thread on this forum. I suspect I'd prefer to do the side thing the conventional way tho'; might as well make a feature of it as you have done - I think people would expect to see the exhaust outlet there!
      I'll almost certainly just go for it, choosing the largest practical box I can find, and adding a decibel reducer if needed!
      The existing system hasn't fallen off yet, so still a little time left for planning...

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (Editor, MOC)
        Hi Donnie

I don't know, why do you think my Berli is a pristine example? In terms of usage it is, but appearance, well, it could be better, but I've seen worse! She's not bad for an old girl though (the Berli, that is, before any of you reading this think you're funny...)

Comment

Hi Sue.
          As editor, I'd just imagined...
          Another illusion shattered

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stuart Benson
            had this thought the other night while looking at the chassis and V6 lump in semi situ...
            anyone ever run one pipe each side (one straight from each manifold) then pipes exiting (you would either hear 1 bank of 3 each side of just deafen the passenger, i mean, give them the pleasures you have with the window down)

any thoughts?

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (Editor, MOC)
              Hi Donnie

I know what you mean. Dave Hitchings who has just stepped down as Chair has a pristine Berli and won Best Berli at the Concourse at Stoneleigh. Brian Gadd the Treasurer has a pretty nice Berli too. Tim Hawkesworth the Membership sec has THREE Marlins, all beautiful, a Sportster, a Berli and a Hunter. Ben Caswell the Triumph rep has a super little Mk 1 Roadster, Danny Nelson, Berli rep has several Marlins at his disposal most of the time and they are generally very nice examples, Keith Dodd, Marina Roadster rep has a very nice Berli and that leaves me and Liz Billings. I like to think our cars are not pristine but still pretty and they do turn heads. We won't win Concourse but we wouldn't get the Wooden Spoon either! Liz has a Berli and hubby Doug has a Cabrio.

Comment

Blimey, I have a long way to go...

Comment

Working...
                X