Bosch distributor re-build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch distributor re-build

Well I hope everyone has had a good Christmas and looking forward to the new year. I am compiling a list of Marlin jobs to do over the winter. Top of the list is my distributor that has somewhat worn bearings giving me what you could call "variable ignition timing".Before I start has anyone done this job as I cannot find a supplier for the internal parts for distributers,and that includes the bushing. The distributer in question is a Bosch electronic(O.E. not a conversion) Ford Pinto.If anyone out there could throw some light on the subject and share their experiences it would be very much appreciated?

Wishing you all a happy new year

John Brice

Re: Bosch distributor re-build

John, are they bronze bushes? If so I may be able to help and make you some

Comment

http://gallery.oldholden.com/Jack_s/HEI+Distributor/
      Is this any help John?

Comment

Hi Hugh, many thanks for your reply and offer to help. At the moment I have not dismantled the distributer, i thought it best to ask questions first,so I am not sure what the bearing material is, although i suspect it could be a porous bearing that retains oil, such as an "oilite" I will be taking it apart soon, so if it is ok with you I will contact you then to discuss the way forward. My e mail is john(at)johnbrice.co.uk. many thanks,

John

Comment

Working...
        X