steering in the right direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering in the right direction

Why ow why don't Motolita make a 12" wood rim steering wheel does anyone know of a manufacturer of a simlair wheel ?? But not mouintney.

Re: steering in the right direction

Lee,
    I think you will be very lucky to find a 12" wood rimmed wheel - I tried a few years ago without luck. What about making one by stripping down an old 12" Mountney wheel and adding the wood. I met someone who had done this and it looked really good. Chances are you would find someone on the net who has done this and is only too happy to tell you how.

Comment

Hi Lee,
      Motolita will make you one as a one off if you are desperate. It is not cheap though so be prepared when they tell you it will be £200 +
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Hi Jon been down that route they won't do that, and a 13" I think will be too big

Comment

Ahoy there Lee! Maybe worth a trawl through some boat websites for their steering wheels? If only to source the wood (ready shaped) if you're going down the mod / build route? Peter.

Comment

I think the only 12" rim will be a mountney - otherwise you are are into 13". Perhaps loko for one from a classic mini accessory supplier?

Comment

Bit the bullet and a new sparkling 13" motolita turned up today, lets hope it fits or should i say I fit

Comment

Working...
              X