• Show
Clear All

• Cabrio Sportster Cross

Interesting Cabrio / Sportster cross breed on eBay item number 320656987411

Re: Cabrio Sportster Cross

Yes it would be good if we knew the Marlin chassis number of this car

Comment

If you send the seller an email, I am sure he would oblige you if you say you are from the MOC

Comment

I recall seeing a Cabrio /Sportster hybrid in the South west. V8 power, cycle wings , but had Sportster front suspension and full windscreen/doors /glass as per Cabrio.It was at Classic car show but as so many other vehicles to see I didn't get to meet the owner.

Comment

Alan
          I saw it at Branscombe show a couple of years back. it is a fabulous car.
          Attached Files

Comment

Exeter kit car show 2010......
            Picture courtesy of Dorset Gregg website.
            Attached Files
            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
            - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Am I being thick, as usual, or is the ebay car not a different car to the one above. The ebay car is a very nice Cabrio but it certainly is not a V8 and the photos in this message are of a Sportster, also beautiful, with very meaty exhausts each side.
              Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Simon
                They are indeed different cars, but both are Cabrio's The one in the photo's on this site has sportster style suspension up front and has the cycle wings of the Sportster but too the best of my knowledge is pure Cabrio with a V8

Comment

Simon
                  The car in this photo was specially ordered by Gerry Haines in Weymouth as a Cabrio, but with the Ford Cortina Sportster front suspension. Since this photo, Gerry has converted the stub axles to Sierra components and added 4 pot brakes in order to slow it down better! His problem now is that the track has been reduced by 2", so I'm not sure what his next upgrade will be?
                  But what a fabulous car?
                  Mike

Comment

I can see where I went wrong now I have compared the cars more carefully. This one is truly lovely and, with that sort of mechanical as well as aesthetic attention to detail, I bet it drives very well. I can only dream!
                    Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

The new owner of the car featured on eBay has now joined MOC. He has sent me a photograph of the car which appears to have started life as a Cabrio but now has Sportster wings exposing the front suspension and the screen has been replaced by aero screens. Power is by 2.0 pinto.

Comment

Working...
                      X