A Berlinetta owner in Cornwall needs your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Berlinetta owner in Cornwall needs your help

A chap called Paul Golsworthy who is a owners club memeber but not on the internet. He is looking for help with his Cortina based Berlinetta, he lives in Cornwall.

Re: A Berlinetta owner in Cornwall needs your help

I talked with Paul today, we had an interesting chat about the front suspension and other Berlinetta bits. This might be one for you Dane, seems he is about 15 mile from you. He seems to recall that he may have met you at a local show.
    Regards
    Danny

Comment

Hi Danny.
      I'll give him a buzz tomorrow and see what we can do for him. He may be the chap who bought an old green Berli last year whom I met at the Duchy Capri Club's classic Ford weekend at Newquay. I'll let you know how it goes.
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Dane,
        You have got him, That is the Show he told me about.
        Well done, talk to you soon.
        Regards
        Danny.

Comment

Hi Danny, I have touched base with Paul. he is rebuilding his Berli with a type nine and a 2 litre pinto from a Sierra. He will have a pair of dellortos for sale soon - he thinks they are 40s but I have asked him to measure them. I might ask him to write up some items for the mag. One is that he is building underbody guards in to the chassis to protect various bits including exhaust from the ground hits that we all sometimes suffer! He says that he has designed his own GB mounts such that he can drop the engine and gearbox from under the car. Once he has his new propshaft we will be out and about.
          I had a Stbd front caliper seize on today. It heated up the wheel bearing which blew the grease cap off once I was parked back in the garage. I'll have to overhaul the calipers, fit new pads, check the discs for warping and cracking and check/repack the bearings. BLAST. The fun of running a Berli!
          Cheers for now!
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
          X