Marlin on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin on Facebook

If people don't know, Marlin are not getting a new web site in the foreseeable future. Part of the project was to link the website into social networking sites such as Facebook. Anyway I went ahead and set-up a Marlin Owners group, you will find a photo and three bits for video I uploaded. Please go onto the page and use it to advertise Marlin events, and put your own photo's/video in there. I'm going to look at Myspace and Badoo soon !

Re: Marlin on Facebook

Hi Bob, can you put a url up as i cant find it on facebook?

Comment

Sorry mate, do you have an account on Facebook ?
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_189399121097715&ap=1

Comment

Gotcha, good one 20 members already

Comment

How do we get on the page, it ask for a user name and password and there is no where to join??

Comment

Hi Adrian

I've already joined you as a member of the Marlin Owners Group on FB. Just look for Groups on your facebook page. You should have it showing. The link Artis gave you above is not the same website.

Comment

Actually, correction. I haven't added you as you weren't my friend on FB! I've just invited you. But it does look as though you are already in the group. Go look in FB.

S

Comment

I have no desire to join the facebook or myspace social networking scene, so presumably will miss any announcements, but hopefully all notices will be replicated on this site as well.
                Sorry to hear we are not having a new website as this site is functional but not exactly user friendly.
                Why are we not getting a new site ? Something to do with cost maybe ?

Comment

Hi Dennis

Don't worry, nothing will go on the Facebook pages that won't be in the Pitstop pages in terms of Marlin activities. EXCEPT there will be personal postings of peoples photos etc. This happens on FaceBook anyway.

Re the website, yes, it is about money. Not about spending it, just how much we invest for a professional, supported site.

Comment

Arthur

Do you have a problem with joining the club. You want help from the club but won't join it ! Your on the forum a lot and now you have a web site, what is wrong with the MOC ? The web site we want to build is more than just a forum, something that represents the whole club and needs to be professionally serviced.

Comment

hi Bob there is no problem for me as i am in the process of selling my berlinetta, i was only trying to help out,before i go to ebay thanks.no point in joining if im selling up

Comment

I've had a look at these so called "free" web site providers. They are beset by adverts and useless links, plus, I have been bombarded with spyware and visuses from some. Thank heavens for Norton!

So, Arthur has thrown in the towel. Shame.
                        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Dane, I don't like the free sites either. If anything goes wrong you are left to hope a computer nerd will pick it up and help, if you want to change certain stuff, you can't etc. I think they are over rated.

Comment

I don't do any of the "social" sites, so how do I get onto this ?
                            Rgds DC

Comment

It’s a great shame the MOC has decided not to pursue getting themselves a new website, and more importantly a forum that works in the universally accepted fashion – last reply to the top, notifications etc. – I’ve said it numerous times before, year after year.

This should be the number one priority. For me it was the only single benefit of the MOC, and one which is now literally ten years or more out of date. I really don’t know where the subs go. Pitstop could so easily be published on the web site - I understand the argument for a magazine in print if it’s full of glossy photographs, but for a black & white booklet it is a pointless, terrible waste of money. Presumably this booklet is being published and posted to every member to appease a tiny minority who don’t have access to the Internet. Personally mine always went straight in the bin, how many others do the same? It should be an ‘opt in’ to receive it at all. Give me a forum that works properly any day.

Pitstop is a white elephant; where does the rest of the money go? Perhaps publishing that on this website would be a good idea – I’m sure it would be of interest to everyone.

Anyway, I’ve waited patiently paying my subs, but I’m thoroughly disappointed that the MOC has failed to make any progress in recent years (what’s new in the last 5 years?!), and what’s worse, doesn’t seem to want to. What about the new car business; people with the new Marlin cars simply do not use this site – doesn’t that ring alarm bells?

Anyway, I no longer see the benefit of membership so I’m not renewing thanks.

Cheers
                              Chris
                              Marlin Owner 1988 to date

Comment

Working...
                              X