Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"To be [free] or not to be [free] - that is the question..." (Hamlet Act 3, scene 1, 55–87)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "To be [free] or not to be [free] - that is the question..." (Hamlet Act 3, scene 1, 55–87)

All

The website is only on hold while we agree who is doing the work and for what price. It is this that stalled progress.

Apologies that you are being kept waiting.

Sue

Comment

Re: "To be [free] or not to be [free] - that is the question..." (Hamlet Act 3, scene 1, 55–87)

advertising on the site will generate extra funds that could go to running the web site thus leaving membership moneys free for other planed events (its worth a thought)

Comment

Thanks Artis,this is already in the spec.

Sue

Comment

"Young bloods don't tend to drive kitcars, they can't afford the insurance."

What nonsense, I got mine when I was eighteen. Kit Car insurance is relatively cheap for any age.

Comment

Hi Cris,
            When was the last time you were eighteen? I have just asked my broker for a quote for an eighteen year old on limited miles for my Marlin and it was ten times the cost of my renwal, well in excess of £1000. Sadly the days of youngsters getting cheap insurance are long gone.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

hi Ben, that goes for any car not just kit cars my son is currently paying £3 grand third party fire and theft on a vauxhall corsa B. so in fact kit cars are the way forward for young drivers to get there no claims bonus up

Comment

Ben, I didn't say it was cheap, I said it was relatively cheap - by that I mean the teenager has a choice of a crap shopping trolley os something interesting with performance for the same or posssibly less insurance. Anything costs £1000 or more at that age.

My nephew in his twenties has a souped up MK2 Cavelier with 200BHP - £200 because it qualifies for 'classic' insurance, same goes for kits.

Comment

Dear All

Whilst considering the price versus quality issue it's necessary to consider the purpose of the purchase – for example you wouldn't buy a top of the range camera when all you intended to do was take a few snaps on the beach.

With regard to websites and membership figures I'm unsure as to how many new members a super whizzy website will attract. I imagine most people will join a club because of what that club can offer. In the case of the MOC these are technical support by the forum and via technical reps, various events and a club magazine.

I would suggest that a revamped website should perhaps focus more on events perhaps each event could have a forum type thread where those intending to attend can resister their interest which may in turn encourage others to attend. This online record should highlight an active membership an encourage others to join. Likewise a past events page (perhaps based on the Pitstop reports) will show browsers what they have missed.

The Club history, pictures of member's cars etc. whilst interesting may be considered to be a bit nerdy by some and should perhaps be given less prominence but still retained on the website.

Comment

the simple thing of having a owners club is in its self a bit nerdy. i own a lexus so i shall join a nerdy lexus club.its no differant to train spotting its all bit NERDY!!! at the end of the day

Comment

Hello All,
                      I have read with great interest peoples’ opinions both on the forum, and facebook as to what the new forum should look like and what it should say about the MOC .
                      Please all be assured that the committee will be discussing the new website at our next committee meeting in May, and how we can get a website that is correct and the best it possibly can be for its member and new faces.
                      I hope to be reporting back soon the progress of the new website and possible time scales.
                      Thanks
                      Lee Hunter
                      Marlin Owners Club Chairman

Comment

Hi everyone, like Lee I have read with interest all the comments about our WEB Site.
                        Steve, believe it or not we all believe you are a very knowledgeable person and you have helped a number of people with sound advice, even myself. There appears to be a self-destruct button in a number of people who are getting on the band wagon about our WEB Site. I belong to a number of clubs and the best way I have found to view my opinions and change things is to join the committee. Steve, you say you don’t go to the meets; well a lot of people do and enjoy them. You give the opinion that the only way forward is to update the WEB site. This I have to disagree with as there are more fundamental things we need to address, one being negative attitudes which could bury the Club completely. Be positive and join in the fun and believe me there is a lot of it.
                        Like everyone who has commented, I believe the WEB Site needs updating and we need to broaden our horizons but no one ever got anything fixed by destroying it first. Yes bad English I know but hopefully people will see what I am trying to say.
                        It’s strange if you read on the MadaboutKitCars site, a lot of peoples comments are toned down in their attitude, in fact if I had read the same on MOC I would be more inclined to support the views. It appears as soon as the same people write on MOC they turn into some negative monster.
                        Yes we are a little out of date. Yes we need to reach out to a wider audience. YES, yes we need to take on a lot of ideas that have been stated in the replies, but can we do it civilly and with respect for each other.
                        Ramblings over, I will still support the Club. I am one who enjoys the meets. I have met some fantastic people and hope that we can sort this out and become one again.
                        Adrian

Comment

Working...
                        X