Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website statement

Hello All,
    I have read with great interest peoples’ opinions both on the forum, and facebook as to what the new forum should look like and what it should say about the MOC .
    Please all be assured that the committee will be discussing the new website at our next committee meeting in May, and how we can get a website that is correct and the best it possibly can be for its member and new faces.
    I hope to be reporting back soon the progress of the new website and possible time scales.
    Thanks
    Lee Hunter
    Marlin Owners Club Chairman

Re: Website statement

Sue has made a very informative statement about this on another thread. Why wasn’t it the Chairman doing it? Is it me or has the chairman been very, very quiet on this subject????

Comment

CHRIS!!! THE CHAIRMAN AS YOU PUT IT HAS NOT BEEN VERY VERT QUIET I MADE A STATEMENT TO THE MEMBERS THAT THE COMMITTEE WOULD DISCUSS THIS AT OUR NEXT MEETING IN MAY,THE CHAIRMAN IS DOING HIS BEST TO GET THE SITUATION RESOLVED BEHIND THE SCENES.
      DO NOT REFER TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN THANKYOU

Comment

Lee, note that Chris is not a member so his views on how the committee works is none of his business. Although unlikely, he may be a Troll. Don't rise to taunts from people that cannot be in the full loop.
        We know that the committee works hard for us members and I thank you for that.
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

I may be accused likewise but am a club member and have been for many years. I suggest that such accusations should be kept private. It does nothing for the MOC's reputation when disputes are publicly aired.

Our Chairmans statement offers nothing to the membership. The forum will be discussed but he only hopes for possible time scales. This is after two years of debate by the Committee.

The groundwork has been done. What I and many others want to hear is a definate date for implementation. Who else but the MOC Chairman is in a position to do this?

Comment

Thanks Dane, very much appreciated, the committee works very hard for the club and its memebers, and sometimes it gets on my goat when certain people criticise when they dont know how much free time and work each and everyone of the committee puts in for the club.

Comment

I can't believe that no one else has commented on the incredible irony of this so-called "out-of-date-and-awful" forum being used so extensively by its detractors to post messages saying how bad it is! It can't be THAT bad to generate discussions (about how bad it is) with 25, 26, and 45 replies (at the last count) ;-)

Comment

Is there any way that this forum can be modified such that only members of MOC can post comments as per other forums ?
                Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis

We have debated long and hard about the suppression on the forum of non members. However we have always taken the line that we don't wish to exclude potential new members by making it impossible for them to converse with us. We prefer to be seen as an open armed club. Unfortunately there is a tiny majority who take advantage of this open status and amazingly, exploit it by being negative, however, despite the minority, we still maintain the belief that non members should be able to post.
                  With the new website, there will be benefits to members only and IF we decide to restrict non members on the forum, we will have the facility to do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X