Rear wheel bearings Sierra Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel bearings Sierra Roadster

I've just got through another MOT (with emphasis on just) as my rear offside wheel bearing needs replacing. My donor car was an H reg. Sierra 2.0 GLS (disks brakes all round) I have just been quoted £68 ex vat by my friendly local Ford garage and I have spotted them at around £25 on the net. I know you normally get what you pay for but I also know that Ford overdo it. Has anyone done the job recently and if so where did you get the bearings and how much were they?

Re: Rear wheel bearings Sierra Roadster

If you can get the old ones out and take them to your local engineers supplies (if you have one handy), they will usually be able to match them. Regards.

Comment

Well I've always used after market bearings from motor factors/car accessories shops. Usually half the price of the Ford model and in my experince just as long lived.

I've never had to do Sierra rear bearings but I've done a few on Fiesta, Mondeos and Pumas and never had any problems wirh non-OEM components.

Comment

We normally match bearings at Bearing Services or similar but motor factors may have them

Comment

Working...
        X