engine pinto oil breather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine pinto oil breather

Can any put me in touch with a replacement kidney box or any idea on oil catch tank adaption for Berlinetta

Re: engine pinto oil breather

Hi, I have a spare box from a Pinto. I may still have the little valve and pipe too.
    Vulcan modified my engine to take a catch tank. They have a nifty union which goes in to the crankcase where the original breather was. To this a pipe goes to the breather tank. You will need a twin inlet breather tank as you will need to run a pipe from the oil filler cap too.
    Get as big a tank as will fit and mount it as physically high as possible. Make sure that you blank off the old vacuum union at the carb or inlet manifold.
    I have a mocal catch tank which I don\'t like much. I will replace it with the larger, baffled, tank from CBS when funds permit.
    As a PS, Vulcan or Burton sell the little crankcase pipe for this mod.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Dane,
      Thanks for info. I have by original builder, inheritated a Burton crankcase union pipe fitted but oil filler cap is a closed cap. With no piping going anywhere at aloss. Its free venting (MOT Not alloud )at presant.
      Orriginal fitment was a fast road cam and twin 45`s.
      Now down to single carb with manifold crankcase pipe access. So trying to reconnect as should be.
      Thanks for help info, would you be willing to part with your old spare ?.
      Need it posting too .Thanks.

Comment

Hi Fred, yes, I\'ll bung what I have in the post when I get the address to send it to. I don\'t want anything for it; I\'m just glad to help out.
        The twin \'45 set up would not work properly with the standard breather which is why thy installed a catch tank system. I always found the standard Weber fine for the Berli - I went EFi so Sue\'s car is running on my carb now (I hope all is OK!!)

Comment

Fred, I have found the breather can but have not located the little valve and pipe which fits in the top. I\'ll keep on searching. I suggest you have a look at ebay 180667200576. This is the complete kit you need.
          Cheers,

Comment

HI Dane,
            Yes please send,
            Email me fredsnowing(at)aol.com for details
            Regards
            Fred

Comment

Hi Dana,
              Sorry email should read fredsnowing(at)aol.com.
              Also looked at EBAY item but unable to get buy it now and its got such a long sell date with several lookers.Together with its a Corsair 2000E V4 engine from so doubious.
              I have a new valve so only need breather box, so appreciate if you could send.
              Many thanks.Regards Fred.

Comment

Hi Dane,
                Well I am pleased to say your engine breather box is fitted and working well !!. Did have to mount it on rubber tubes sidways either end, as was unable to remove previous racing breather steel pipe entre from engine,( swere the thing was welded in).
                Thanks for your trouble, may come accross you some time to thank you properly.
                Fred

Comment

Working...
                X