Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash mounting

OK second question in a week!
    What\'s the best way to mount the dashboard? I am covering mine with leatherette so dont want any fastenings to be visible. Should there be some sort of underdash bracketry?

Cheers (again!)

Re: dash mounting

Hi Cameron There should be some plates that go either side of the dash at the bottom. I have seen them fixed all sorts of ways but as easy way is to self tap a plate on the back side the screw into this from there. Let me know and I can take you some pictures if you like ?? but one of me car while fitting the new dash a couple of moths ago and you can see them either side.

Comment

Try again

Comment

Not working send me your email and i will forward on

Comment

cheers Lee cfurnival at btinternet dot com should work :-)
          Many thanks. Today I began making a couple of L shaped brakcets to support the ECU and will hopefully be able to incorporate the relay boxes and fuse boxes onto it too. Nothing is ever easy is it :-)

Comment

When I first got my Roadster the dash was attached directly to the GRP moulding and flush with it. When I did the total rewire and new dash/windscreen job I set it back on one inch spacers using polished dome headed stainless machine screws. The glove box to the left, fills all the available space behind and effectively braces the whole dash.

I don\'t mind seeing fasteners as long as they are done neatly.

Comment

Thanks Don. I have put the fuse box and relay bank where the fuse box is so may make an extra bracket to hold it there. I am not sure about having screws visible for IVA (if I ever get there!) so might end up with some extra bracketry behind. Will take a piccy.

Comment

I used my \"lift to dot\" Tonneau studs as the \'bolt\' but if you are getting ready for IVA it might pay to ask them if they can suggest an acceptable tonneau connector if you go that root, assuming they are prepared/allowed to comment

Comment

(at)Keith, yes some of my tonneau studs do screw into the edge of the dash, but only because it was there.

AS for the IVA are no visible screw heads allowed? You can get those mirror fixing screws with a little polished dome that screws on afterwards.

Comment

Screws are OK for IVA provided they conform top the radius test. I used dome headed bolts both externally and internally in IVA testeid areas.

You will find the \'lift the dot\' studs will fail IVA

Comment

Working...
                    X