Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinto engine No

Hi folks
    I need to inform DVLA of my engine change.
    Can anyone tell me where engine No is?
    I think it is probably on an oblong casting just in front of o/s engine mount?
    Poorly stamped JY 21997 (does this sound probable to anyone?)
    Other No\'s are 85HM6015BB and 14k88
    Pretty sure it is from a \"87\" sierra
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Regards
    Bryan
    Stapley Bryan

Re: Pinto engine No

Bryan,
    There are 2 places the engine number can be stamped on, 1 is on the base plate where the dizzy is mounted and the other is in front of the o/s engine mount and JY21997 looks about right. If so its a october 1988 built engine.

Comment

Bryan,
      I forgot to mention that you need to advise DVLA when you bought it, the car model & reg it came from, who fitted it to your kitcar with a copy of receipt, and a copy of receipt who you bought the engine from. Its a mine feild.
      Good luck.

Comment

I agree with Bob pintos generally have two letters (Date of manufacture) and five numbers for the serial. I changed my engine 2¼ years ago and all DVLA wanted was the new engine number. It is a shame that they have tightened up the rules thus needing the donor details. What happens if one bought an engine from Burton or Vulcan. Do they supply the above details?
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Bob
          Thanks for the info,sounds like i\'ve got the engine No pinpointed!
          Disapointed about having to find the other info as it may prove difficult
          Personally can\'t see the neccesity as it is only an engine change and not as if I\'m on historic tax or anything.
          Still I have made contact with Fords Technical section to see if they can help and as the engine was from Ebay and picked up locally I can go see the vendor with faint hope he may has some records!
          Dane
          Sounds like you got in in time to save some agro!!
          Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Brian, Dont waste your time, with ford etc, just go to a friendly garage with your car and get them to cofirm what engine number and engine is in the car with the chassis number. Get them to give you a headed paper letter stating the above and send this off to DVLA with the v5 and letter stating how you got the engine and why you had to change it. Done this many times

Comment

Hi Lee
              Thanks for the tip, I\'ll try my usual MOT man.
              Regards
              Bryan
              Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
              X