Diesel stains on block paving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel stains on block paving

Not Marlin related, I\'m afraid, but does anyone have suggestions on the best way to remove dielsel stains from block paving? Thanks. Alan.

Re: Diesel stains on block paving

I scrub Fairy liquid in with a scrubbing brush, or if it is oil I use swarfega, then hosepipe it, and let the elements do the rest.
    Mike

Comment

Look up \"Growbag tray\" on Google - they are ideal oil drip trays for about a fiver (I know the proper answer is fix the leaks in the first place but things don\'t always go to plan!)

Comment

Hi Alan,
        A tip I got from a neighbour who works at a bus depot is cement. On a calm day during dry weather (rare occasion in the UK) you spread about 1/4 inch of cement (straight out of the bag) and brush it well into and around the stain. Brush it all up and put down another 1/4 inch and let it lay there as long as possible without it getting wet or blowing away giving an occasional brushing. This procedure draws out the remaining oil. Brush it up and spread a new thin layer onto the stain and dampen with a fine spray of water (flower spray?). With some luck the cement bonds into the paving and the stain will be gone.
        Haven\'t tried it myself as my Berlinettas don\'t leak ;-)
        May be worth a try.
        James

Comment

If I am doing a job where I might spill oil on my drive, I keep a bag of Fullers earth / Cat litter close at hand. It\'s super absorbant and has saved the day a few times when spills have missed my drip tray.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

any washing powder surf omo daz ect cover stain leave overnight then wash off it worked for me.and when you put your car at right angles into a roundabout in the wet it works on your pants as well !!!!

Comment

slightly off topic but pickin up on Steve\'s post, fullers Earth/ Cat liltter is a good dehumidifier too. If you leave your car in a garage over winter, pop a couple of socks full of cat litter in the car and they absorb the moisture - stick em in the oven to dry out when the missus isnt looking and off you go again.

Comment

The Sea King leaks Engine oil, hydraulic oil and jet fuel all over the place. We use Chicken S**t which is just posh kitty litter. Works very well.
                I have tried it as a dehumidifier in my car Which rarely has the hood erected. Soli (siamese tom) and Tinks (jet black tom) accept the fine invitation to excrete in the garage so I have not tried it since. AAArgh!
                Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Dane, Your reference to Chicken #### brought back a few memories.Oh for the days when I went home reeking of Avtur and hydraulic oil. Strangely my wife did.nt seem to mind but then there\'s no point trying to understand the female of the species!

Comment

If you get oil on brake linings boil the shoes in biological type washing powder solution for 1.5 hrs and they are as good as new. Just remember to repaint the metal as it usually strips the paint off as well! Peter.

Comment

Browsing through old copies of Pitstop I think I found the answer to the problem: WD40

Comment

How does one get WD40 stains off block paving?

Comment

You don't! Just hide them with diesel stains :-)

Comment

Dig the blocks up and turn them over?

Comment

It's probably easier and faster to just put a plastic bag over the filter when changing the filter. (filthy job on my Pajero).

Comment

Working...
                              X