Website Exciting News?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Exciting News?

I posted this question a week ago on an old thread. It appears to have been missed, so here is an edited repeat.

Back on 20 April, more than three months ago, we were excitedly told that "Soon the club will have a brand new website" and that we could expect "updates on the forum".

I realise that it is no small or easy task but I am left thinking that as we have no information to the contrary, the project might have stalled.

Perhaps a promised update from the Committee will not go amiss, with a progress report and an intended implementation date.

Re: Website Exciting News?

Crikey Steve, I know we are all looking forward to seeing new facilities and features in the Website but you have to keep at the back of your mind the fact that the folk who are doing the work are all in employment and give of their time freely.

My mum's take on this situation would have been:

Patience is a virtue
    Possess it if you can
    It's seldom found in women
    and never found in man!

I agree with you that it would be nice to know where we are at but your last paragraph comes across perhaps a bit formal in these circumstances or am I being a little too laid back?

Comment

Is your Mum building the new website then? ;-)

Comment

Real smart Peter but if you take time to read what is there it says "would have been" which means she is dead!!

Comment

Possibly like the idea of a new website and forum since we have no other information.

Comment

Guys

It hasn't stalled, it's still in development. We are trying to get the design right. A message is posted in the next Pitstop.

Comment

Sue,
              will you post the update on the forum as well?

thanks

Peter

Comment

Hi Peter

Yes, as it's quicker to get to the members.

All that I am saying in Pitstop is as follows:

"Apologies that you have received no updates on the forum regarding progress on the new website. Bob Cawte and I have been working in the background to get the design right and as soon as we have a comprehensive update will will update you on the forum. Not much longer to wait all being well."

Comment

Thanks Sue, for the info. No apologies necessary as it was not you or Bob that said we could expect "updates on the forum". -- That was someone else!

For the MOC this is quite an investment, a large slice of the Membership Subscription will be spent on this project, as I understand close on £2000, it's not all free of charge and done by volunteers.
                  We also went through a period of indecision from the Committee, for a while the project was in doubt. I would hate to find that Club funds had been wasted.

For those reasons, I thought a touch of formality was important.

Comment

It appears from Facebook that my reservations might be justified though from an unexpected direction.

Bob Cawte has sadly left the club. He was with Sue working on this project.
                    I fully endorse Bob's thoughts published on Facebook. The Web/forum project is significant to the future of the MOC. The savings that Sue has already made from the publication of Pitstop can fund the project, it does not require new money, and the MOC holds funds that have been kept for a rainy day. Today is that day.

On a personal note I will be sorry to see Bob leave the club.

Comment

All

Please note that Lee Hunter has taken control of the web project. All enquiries should now be addressed to him.

Sue

Comment

It is a great shame that circumstances have overtaken us.
                        It seems now that my reservations were more than justified.

I take no pleasure in previously casting doubt on this project and ardently hope that the Committee can resolve their differences and present the a new Website/forum within a defined timescale.

Comment

And in other news; the proposed piss up in a Brewery has had to be cancelled too.

Comment

Working...
                          X