Headlamp Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headlamp Bar

Mike, If you let Dave Cunnington (Editor) know he could put a note in the next pit stop. Goes to press this Friday 16th

Rgds Ben
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ben

Good idea. I have penned a couple of lines, and hope Dave chooses to include the offer in the next Pitstop.

regards
      Mike
      Last edited by Mike; 12-03-12, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Angus

I have sent a PM

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
          Have just found one
          The three fixing holes are equal triangle 52mm centres 8mm holes to take 6mm bolts and the radiused outside edge is 12mm from same centre as bolt hole. Mike if you email(In pit stop) me I can post the one I have here for ref.
          Only problem I may forsee is that earlier cars from Marlin may be imperial.

Ben

If you still have the spare headlamp bar for the Roadster, would you mind forwarding it to me, please? I have one form another Roadster owner, and have made a jig from it, but would like to see how consistent marlin were with their originals!

Regards
          Mike

PS
          I'll PM my address

Comment

Hi Mike,
            It wasnt a whole bar, just the triangular end plate from YKC stock posssibly a bit thicker than an original.
            Confirm if its of useand I will post.

Rgds Ben

Comment

Hi Ben

Thanks for looking, but I have had the end plates made, and was looking for some comfort on the overall length and angles the end plate is welded on to the bar.
              Angus Groby has delivered another one this evening, and it has different sized holes (larger) in the end plates, but otherwise seems consistent,so I'll go ahead with the welding on that basis.

But thanks again for the offer.

Regards
              Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
                Should be OK as the taper between the wings will allow some tolerance in fitting. The cars that may have a problem will be very early kits that used a flat bar ang two binnacles mounted on the inner wing.

The only question I have is "are the roadster bar diamensions the same for a Berli ? and Cabrio?

rgds Ben

Comment

Ben
                  The light bars are different for all three models. The Berlinetta is 3"-4" longer than the Roadster, and the Cabrio has a crank in the centre of the tube (Berli and Roadster are straight tube).
                  The end plates are common - albeit with different hole sizes within the two Roadster ones I've seen.
                  The light fitting tabs are also different omn all three

I have now made jigs for the Roadster & Berlinetta (with tabs the same as the Cabrio, easing the tightening of the lamp nut to the bar) - if anyone would like one.

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike

Well done I will direct any enquries in your direction.

Ben

Comment

And here they are...........

.................better than the originals, and now available to all club members.

Comment

Looks impressive Mike, well done.

If I still had the original wings on my Roadster I would buy one, but alas it has cycle wings now.

Neil.

Comment

Looks good very impressive.
                          Terry

Comment

As this issue concerns the Roadster, I have copied the comment from the Berlinetta thread......

The plot thickens..................Merv Daniels has confirmed his is an early Mark 2 with aluminium wings, but his measures 790mm overall. So it is not even possible to tell what the length of the Lightbar will be from the inner wing style!

Adrian
                            Out of interest, what are the light tab hole centres set on your two bars which are 760mm long?
                            regards
                            Mike

Comment

Hi All as far as the Roadster bar is concerned I think people are measuring from different ref points.

From the very top tip of of each triangular plate -end to end the measurement is 790mm

From the weld on the top of the tube to triangular plate -weld to weld is 760mm

Light tab centres on my bar 600mm

My car is a hybrid with GRP inner wings but identical to alloy inners.

rgds Ben

Comment

Have just read the Berli forum,

Aswell as the info above the Mk1 all Triumph car had one piece front wings in GRP but as far as I know they were all supplied with two grp binnacles and a flat alloy bar drilled to take the headlights. This arrangement continued through to early Mk 2 cars.

When the round tubed lamp bar was first introduced it was up to the builder to get it chromed.

My sons Mk1 is now fitted with a tubular bar that fits OK from a Mk2 kit that was built with cycle wings. Although this was done as part of the rebuild and the original drillings in the grp wing were filled before painting.

Comment

Working...
                                X