Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headlamp Bar

Hi

Ben has hit the nail on the head, both mine from the very top tip of of each triangular plate -end to end measure is 790mm.

The light centres are 600mm.

Adrian

Comment

Cheers Ben /Adrian - this is good news - as I have made several to order and a couple of spare ones to take to Stoneleigh!

Thanks again
      Mike

Comment

This is a special for Merv Daniels to go on his Roadster: he is suspending a set of spot lights on the inner tabs.

Comment

To Mike and anyone looking at these bars. I fitted mine last night and it fits perfectly and looks tremendous thanks Mike.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mike, good work with the lamp bars...what would you think about changing the design of the romero front end to incorporate light bars...See in the pic how the lights sit on the inner wing and casually lean inwards...how about making two small bars so that the light sits vertically? DO you think that woudl be possible?yellow romero (2).JPGRomero 001.jpg I think if it can be done it would improve it no end and remove that kind of gawky effect!
            Anyone else have a view?

Comment

Camaron have a look at my Cabrio, this may help.danny 130 011.jpg two short bars mounted on the inner wing bracket

Comment

yes that's the ticket! Lights straight up - not so cross eyed. Did you cut down an original bar Terry or make up two new ones?

Comment

Originally posted by terryreed1664 View Post
                  Camaron have a look at my Cabrio, this may help.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2041[/ATTACH] two short bars mounted on the inner wing bracket
                  Hi Cameron

I could certainly make you something similar to Terry's bars. They look like a standard bar with the centre cut out. The only issue would be to get the angles correct for the Romero which really would require the car to be present.

I could supply you with the stainless end plates and tube, if you can find someone local to weld the stainless up for you?

Terry

Have you stiffened the support behind the wings to reduce "bounce"?

Mike
                  Last edited by Mike; 04-04-12, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Hi Cameron, I didn't make them, but it looks to be an original bar cut down, and a bracket attached on the under side of the inner wing, which bolts to the wing mounts them selves, making them very ridged.
                    Hope this is of some help.
                    Terry

Comment

yes Thanks Terry. I might make one up that goes between the wing and the nose cone (my nose is longer than yours!!!).

Comment

Cameron, Just took some more pics this may be of more help.
                        Terry DSC00253.jpgDSC00254.jpgDSC00255.jpg

Comment

i just had mine delivered for my Berlinetta restoration - its a fabulous piece of kit & well designed
                          a BIG thankyou to everybody involved in getting these made

Comment

VERY pleased with the light bar i bought for my Berlinetta .... sadly, will NOT have it [back] on the road before we emigrate to Hungary .... first trip next week .... everyone welcome if they are heading in that vicinity :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X