web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web site

All, I would like add some clarity to the situation within the club right now. The committee ,debated and voted on a proposal, based on three quotes obtained by Sue and myself, to go ahead with a new web site for the club. One committee member wanted to use Cameron Fernival to get a design for free ( the quote did include the design work ) this year I worked with Cameron, and we came up with a good home page. Sue and I felt it was sensible to get a second deign by a professional to compare the two so the club would get the very best. Two things have happened here, first, Brian and Lee have over turned, in a autocratic way, the decision of the committee for Sue and I to go with Ian Aubrey ( the son of two club members ) to build the web site. This has been done on a fantasy argument of club members, would not like the design being done out side of the club. The second is I was hounded to the point were I sent a mail with an unpalatable truth which (with hind sight ) I should have kept to myself. That lead for calls for me to resign, then they started on Sue, which has ended in Sue leaving the committee. The club was very lucky to secure the service of Cyberpham ( a top class software house ) to build the web site for the club. Lee has no experience in this field ( that is his own admission ) he has not done any research and yet has put himself in charge.

Re: web site

Since Lee and Brian are obviously NOT speaking for the members I, for one, think they should be seriously thinking of their position.

Comment

In the interest of continuity and understanding may I suggest that further comments to Bob Cawtes statement be made at http://marlinownersclub.com/forum.php?read=19395&cat=99 where Bob has copied his own thread.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I would have thought that to overturn/change a decision previously made by the (democratically-elected) committee would require a further committee discussion and decision. Not a decision made on the whim of individuals. This is supposed to be a club for the members - the committee only serve to help to run the club (which is usually done very well).They do not 'own' the club. Perhaps it is time to consider whether some of these people have the interests of the members in mind.

Comment

Although I am not now a member of the MOC (I still have a marlin) I am taken back by the way Lee Hunter and Brian Gadd have acted, I was of the impression that decisions at committe level require a vote of the whole of the committ.
          Maybe Lee and Brian should get rid of all the committe and run the club as a "Dual Dictatorship" From what I have read and heard through the "Grape Vine" that is just what is happening. "Lee and Brain" you got rid of a bloody good editor, you should Both Be Ashamed of your-selfs and resign!

Comment

Working...
          X