Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you like to see in the new website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you like to see in the new website?

What facilities would you like to see in the specification for a new website if practical/possible/legal?

Can I start the ball rolling with:
    A social chat syle forum - for more communication
    Private messages to other MOC members - self explanatory
    Easier placing of photos - how often have we seen complaints with the current system?
    Spell checker - I am old brigade and hate spelling mistakes.
    Members car photos placed by members - they inspire others
    More technical tips - hopefully will follow from better communication/interest

What would you like to see, and how and why would it benefit present/future membership?

Re: What would you like to see in the new website?

Sue & Bob at the helm!
    Future new membership then guaranteed with their energy and enthusiasm to make our web site the best.

Comment

Excuse my language but what the hell?

This project has been in discussion by the committee for the best part of two years, and we are still asking questions about its proposed content!!

My understanding is that Sue, Bob and others had already established a fundemental spec using standard bulletin board software.

So what we need is a unified committee who delegate the project to a couple of intelligent and dedicated committee members, give them an agreed, defined start-up and ongoing administration budget, and then most importantly, give them the authority to manage the project, from cradle to grave, reporting back to the committe and membership at regular intervals as progress develops.

If there is one other thing needed, it is that the Committee and Members must drop the propritorial attitude they have towards the Website/forum content. If it continues any investment will be wasted.

What we do not need is procrastination from the committee.

If this request has come through the committee then once again they have demonstrated their inabilty to manage the affairs of the club, and the MOC is condemned to expire without some serious changes being implemented urgently.

How many more resignations are they looking for, eventually they will lose all the members who hold clear visions of the clubs future and there will be no need for a new Website/forum.

Comment

Mike; By posting this question in two places you dilute its validity.

Others: can wee please keep the debate in one thread, not here.

Comment

I have deliberately started a new thread here as a positive step forward and I would ask anyone interested to place their positive views on what should be in a new website on this thread.
          The debate about who should run the club can continue on the original thread, but please make it after the committee's statement has been issued.

Comment

No! I see no reason to wait for those in charge to make a statement, this is a free country.

Comment

Mike: really sorry but you are continuing the debate, by placing your post in two different threads, despite wanting us to wait for Pitstop to be released and we have evaluated the committees position. Double standards I think.

Sue and Bob made a presentation to the committee, since I wasnt there and the minutes are not published, I can only guess that the majority of its technical content went over their heads.
              Lee admits he has no web technical ability and probably cannot absorb and understand the interaction between significant elements of a web site. I guess the rest of the committee are the same.

You are right, we should wait for the Comittee to make a clear statement.

Comment

I would like to reiterate that Bob and I planned all the standard features of a modern website and more. Had we not been systematically blocked by those who thought the site should be done for less money we would have been announcing the launch of the new site in the next Pitstop. Instead we are where we are.
                A ceiling of £4000 was agreed, but Bob and I continually stated that this figure was unlikely to be required.

Comment

Less argument?

Comment

Working...
                  X