Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice

If you ever find a Parking Charge Notice in your post, do not do the honest thing and pay it.

Accordig to BBC Watchdog solicitor these are best used for paper aeroplanes.

Your address and details are aquired from the DVLA. The letter is sent to you as the registered keeper. Your defence is that they cannot prove it was you who was driving. Do not enter into correspondance with them, it implies your guilt. Just throw it away.
    There has never been a successful prosecution by one of these parking enforcement companies, very few have even got to court.
    If you must complain do so at the store whose carpark the alleged contravention took place.
    Once again, do not contact the parking enforcement company.

The only legal parking tickets are those issued by the local authorities or the police. Pay these.

For more info read www.pepipoo.com

Re: Parking Charge Notice

BBC watchdog link

Last edited by stevejgreen; 18-12-11, 02:30 PM. Reason: Video embedded

Comment

My car got 5 in one week at at hospital in Bromley, and one a few weeks ago at Petsmart, needless to say they disn't get paid They have to prove you were driving and you are not obliged to help them build a case against you ;-)

Comment

I have just got one. A parking charge notice from (Parking Eye) I had met another MOC member at Welcome Break Hopwood services. I was in my Marlin top down entered 6pm and left just after 9pm. Apparently after the free parking period a parking tariff applies etc. £90 or if I pay now £60, or if I do not take advantage of the lower offer payable there is also £30 admin cost plus £90. I note the threat pay £60 now or you will pay double later. Are services in the same group as above ie private ground? Will this have been a camera on entry and exit? and will driving an open car put me at risk of ID?
        Danny.

Comment

Danny, do not enter into communication, follow the advice above.
          Their cameras are for ANPR not facial recognition, they can only compare their photo with you in court. Since you wont be going you have no worries.
          They look and sound quite threatening. If you can afford to give them £60 give it to the LeJog charity instead.

Pleased to be of topical help.

Comment

I got a parking notice through the post today from Parking Eye. Will I really get away with not paying??

My luck hasn't been too good recently...

Comment

Its not a case of you getting away with it, its a case of them getting away with threatening people who do not know any better.
              Follow the links, read the info and make the paper aeroplane of your choice.

I am seriously thinking of charging commission at 10%.

Comment

Yes you will. I've had at least 10 over the last couple of years, simply ignore them.

Comment

I have heard of a few friends who have been caught by these whilst Xmas shopping.

Did anyone here ever fully follow the advice and ignore all communications?

I guess so, because no one has told us we were wrong.

Comment

I followed your advice and made no contact. I received another two notices both claiming that I would now have to pay costs etc because I had not taken advantage of the offer to pay in the first ten days. That was approx two months ago and I have keard nothing further to date.

Comment

It takes a bit of trust and courage to save £60. Well worth it IMHO.

Danny, can you please scan and post copies of the letters, blanking out personal info for others to see the process. I destroyed mine on reciept.

Only too pleased to help.

Comment

I will see if I still have them, they may have gone the same route as yours!

Comment

Working...
                        X