Club update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club update

?Am I the only one wondering if the committee is going to give an update on:

1. Progress on the August issue of Pitstop;
    2. Who is named as the replacement Editor;
    3. Who is named as the replacement Membership Secretary;
    4. Who is named as the replacement Ordinary Committee member;
    5. A replacement website.

Seeing as no-one else has asked, I decided I would, given that as a member I would like to have better communication and transparency within the Club and particularly from the committee.

Re: Club update

I would also like answers to the above questions!

Comment

It'll take time I think Sue. Lots of cliches spring to mind about what has happened to the committee; excised nose v spiteful face, performing a large bite & small chew, ordure & fan etc. Once the summer Emmett season is over then hopefully we will start to get some sense from everyone to sort it all out. Come on members - be positive and constructive.
      Meanwhile LEJOG ! Moll with flag plus Buddy with flying jacket and Doggles on standby. (do you think it is a good idea to have a border terrier sat next to the LEJOG pasty? I'd better rethink this!)
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Sue,
        Please see below answers to your questions ;-

1. It is hoped that Pitstop, as edited by you will be in the post by Friday 26th August with attachments as promised.

2. Dave Cunnington is appointed Acting Editor,

3. Derek Jones is appointed Acting Membership Secretary

4. Tim Hawkesworth is appointed Acting Ordinary Member

5. A detailed website update will go to members with the August/ September Pitstop.

These Changes to The Committee were agreed today and are made in accordance with The Constitution of The Club and those co-opted will serve until the 2012 AGM when posts will be filled following the correct procedure

Better communication and transparency is a must as we move forward and I will not have Members/ Committee kept in the dark or not given full facts; to that end this will be discussed within the next 14 days.

With the above knowledge to hand can I please ask that you desist from posting disparaging remarks regarding your former Committee Colleagues We now just want to Go Forward and put The Club back on a firm footing without the mud slinging that has gone on recently

Lee, on behalf of The Committee
        21st August

Comment

I am pleased to hear that the Committe is moving forward.

I take it that, in this new era of transparency, the committee can respond to all the members who asked questions as a result of the Committee Members Statement made on 6 August.

Failure to do so would mean that the new policy falls at the first hurdle.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Lee, your speech writer implies I have regularly posted disparaging remarks about my former committee colleagues. I believe it has only been the one accurate reference.

Comment

For god’s sake Steve leave it out. Have you nothing better to do than always look on the bad side. I thought you were one of the members who had the best interests of the MOC at heart but to continuously dig and pick is now getting tedious. Know when to stop turning the knife and wait. Before you say it I will, yes we have waited a long time, but to tell you the truth I wonder whther you have a hidden achenda. Again before you state it, you are looking after the MOC, you are NOT. See, we are on to you; maybe sour grapes are involved here. Maybe you are intent on destroying the MOC because they didn’t accept you as a committee member. Whatever it is, please stop because many members are getting fed up with your continuous bickering. This may be a game to you. Maybe even a mind game but the people involved are really getting fed up with it. I’m off to Le Jog, why don’t you support it, as you appear to have a massive amount of time free, come and meet me face to face, not in a confrontational way but to see the person at the end of the pen. Some people put themselves above the parapet, other hide behind it. How about it Steve, positive thinking, there’s a challenge.

Comment

quote(With the above knowledge to hand can I please ask that you desist from posting disparaging remarks regarding your former Committee Colleagues We now just want to Go Forward and put The Club back on a firm footing without the mud slinging that has gone on recently) LEE!! i real don't think this is an appropriate place for your remark to SUE its like a public reprimand and its not fair to air your washing in public this is what bad committees are mad of, ESPESHLY FROM A CLUB CHAIRMAN!!!

Comment

Gosh, thanks artyis!

Comment

Artysis200, quote 'CLUB' this is not a government committee. Step off your high horse and try to think in a positive manner. We enjoy our cars and like myself do lots of things for the 'CLUB', lets get back to the routes, CARS, CARS and more CARS!!

Comment

i couldn't agree more with you ADRIAN

Comment

MADE OF (sorry)

Comment

I have replied to Adrian by email. Public spats do nothing for the MOC.
                          MOC member since 05/97
                          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Steve,Just mark it up as another person you have managed to push into retaliation.

Comment

Not really wishing to get embroiled with the various arguments surrounding this issue, at least until ALL of the facts are known, I would however like some clarification on a couple of points re our Chairman's statement above:
                              1. Does article 4.4 of the constitution really cover the case where 37.5% of the committee require to be replaced?
                              2. The changes to the committee were agreed, by whom, the remaining 62.5% of the committee? Is that really democratic?
                              3. If Tim is unable to fulfill his duties as membership secretary, how will he manage as an ordinary member?

Lastly this is a club for a leisure activity it is not really very important in the real world, so can we please sort out the issues currently facing the club as adults and leave the name calling and back biting in the playground where it belongs. Have your differences of opinion by all means, but for goodness sake stop making it so personal or the rifts might never heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X