REPLACEMENT SEATS HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPLACEMENT SEATS HELP

I am thinking of replacing the seats in my Berlinetta with more comfortable ones.
    Has anybody got any suggestions of seats that would fit?

Re: REPLACEMENT SEATS HELP

Hi Martin!
    I have Cobra Supraform "narrow sportscar recliners" in mine and they fit like a glove. I do believe that Corbeau do a simmilar narrow recliner that would also fit. The advantage with the recliners is that you can fold the backrest forward to get at the "back seat" even with the hardtop on/sufflet up.

Comment

Martin,
      Check these out on ebay. Real old school but check they will fit. These came in two width fittings.
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kit-car-seats-/250878326921?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item3a69837889#ht_500wt_1156
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks for the above information.
        I only have 40cm gap.
        The seats on eBay are 43cm so I don’t think they will fit.

Martin

Comment

Martin,
          I am sure these are the exact same seats as mentioned above by James. Also, if you look at the pictures of this Berlinetta on ebay you will see that it has these seats fitted. The seller may have been slightly over on his measurements. I am sure you could squash 1.5 cm of foam on either side so that they would fit. Just my thoughts though as you will also want to get them recovered I expect so could lose a bit of foam from the sides during this.
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marlin-Berlinetta-project-spares-/320750881826?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aae3e0c22 #ht_500wt_1156
          Attached Files
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Hi Jon,
            I have only just read your post and seats have finished on eBay.
            Must be a bit quicker next time.
            Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi Martin,
              Sports man recliners are the seats that are most fitted in Berlinettas. Europa keep them.
              Danny.

Comment

Hi Martin,
                That is a shame. I see they went for £53 in the end which is an absolute bargain. These don't come up for sale very often so good luck.
                One thought though.... The Berlinetta on ebay at the moment which has them fitted is not registered and will probably sell to someone in the club here for spares. They might be willing to sell you these seats if they do not want them.

Comment

Martin

Were you on the A12 on Sunday bank holiday morning? I think we passed each other.

Comment

Hi Sue,
                    I was at the Wings & Wheels Dunsfold on Sunday.
                    Who has a Marlin like mine?

Comment

Sue, if it was a red and silver one, it was probably me

Comment

Martin,
                        If you are still looking for some seats, it looks like the pair that i mentioned above on ebay are back on??!!
                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kit-Car-Seats-/250902591920?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM& hash=item3a6af5b9b0#ht_500wt_1203

Comment

Working...
                        X