Oil Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Gauge

Can anyone help, I have a 1.8 Zetec engine in my Berlinetta and want to fit an oil pressure gause. My problem is where to tap into the block. I cannot go for the plug near the oil filter because something got there first. Does anyone know any other pressure points on the Zetec engine?

Hope you can help. Roger

Re: Oil Gauge

Remove the oil pressure switch and fit a T piece adaptor so you can fit your pressure gauge tube and your switch.

Comment

Touche, just suggested that on the Berlie forum

Comment

Hi Bob,
        I have already left a message for Hugh in Berlinetta messages - thanks for this and of course you are correct BUT I have now put something else near that take off and can no longer get to it without a lot of work. It would be easier if there is another blanking which blocks off the oil passages. Do you, or anyone, know of another blanking plug I can attach the oil pressure gauge to?

Thank Roger

Comment

Try Burton Power or Merlin Racing. They have filter sandwich plates with tappings for gauges etc.
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but a flexible T piece (LMA from Demon Tweeks & others) is ideal for relocating the take-offs somewhere more convenient and accessible.
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Sensor take-off sandwich plates (fits under filter):
              Merlin Racing TGASP100
              Burton LMA110/M
              Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Thanks guys, will be calling Burtons or Merlin on Monday!

Comment

Working...
                X