Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How access to the Fastmarinamagazine forum; a final solution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How access to the Fastmarinamagazine forum; a final solution.

Many of you will know that I use both the Marlin Owners Club and the Fastmarinamagazine forums. I have tended to publish complex articles in Pitstop and on Fastmarinamagazine as it has the facility to edit documents as necessary; it also allows multiple high res pictures. These will hopefully be found on the long awaited Marlin Owners Club forum where I plan to publish Marlin specific versions.

Several Marlin Owners Club forum users have commented that they have been unable to access the Fastmarinamagazine forum and the information published there.

In an effort to combine our Morris Marina knowledge base and strengthen relations between the two forums, I have spoken to Ben Clayton (Beniboyz), the owner of Fastmarinamagazine, and have recently been granted Admin Status with a view to resolving any issues on behalf of Marlin and other Marina based Kit car owners, accessing or attempting to access the forum.

In order to resolve access issues quickly and efficiently and to accurately identify the specific user, it would be helpful to know the username and email address used for the original signup. Any password used during the initial process will remain secure.

Email me stevejgreen(at)btopenworld.com with your details.
    Each incident will be dealt with on a case by case basis so please be patient as I work through them.

About the Fastmarinamagazine forum.

There are already quite a few Marlin owners both active and simply reading the forum, our input has been welcomed and technical knowledge and ability shared. The Fastmarinamagazine forum and its members have proved their worth in assisting in locating those hard to find replacement parts.

Please make your first forum contact and introduce yourself at http://www.fastmarinamagazine.com/viewforum.php?f=18

Fastmarinamagazine is privately funded by some of its users. If you feel that the forum is good value, please consider making a donation at http://www.fastmarinamagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4577&hilit=donation

Please note that the Fastmarinamagazine forum is unaffiliated, access to does not imply or infer membership of the Morris Marina Owners Club.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 16-01-12, 09:23 PM.

Re: How access to the Fastmarinamagazine forum; a final solution.

I have traced fastmarina accounts for three users who have experienced problems highlighted in other threads on this forum.

All have been sent account reactivation emails from fastmarina to the original email address used to create the account.

Depending on personal email account settings, these emails may have been directed to spam or junk email folders.

Provided that the link in the reactivation email is followed, and the users can remember the passwords used, they should now be able to access the forum.

Comment

It looks like a reminder may be appropriate. Anyone else struggling with Fastmarina?

Comment

Yes I am Steve, I completed the application a couple of days ago with my normal, fully functional eMail address. I have checked the ISP Spam filter and there is nothing there I can see.

I haven't received any response, to the Reistration application or a follow up eMail asking about the delay.

It seems there is a glitch in the forum software.

Comment

No glitch in the forum. I personally activated the account and can access it through admin rights.

Comment

A very recent issue with the latest version of the FastMarina forum software has been identified and resolved. Robert now has access and that particular issue will not re-occur.

Comment

Posted in another thread but I will update here too:

Thanks to Steve Green and Ben Clayton my Fast Marina Forum access is established. It seems somehow the system had not issued authorisation eMails, I have come across this before on a forum I help run. I may also bear some of the blame because I use a lot of beta software, that may also have been a factor.

Whatever the cause, the issue is resolved now.

Comment

Working...
              X