Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

Anyone bought 185/70R13 tyres recently? There doesn't seem to be many manufacturers making this size now apart from for trailer use. Thinking of Enduro Runway but have seen mixed reviews (like everything else you plan to buy).
    Mine are not yet worn out but have been on the car for about 15 years and have always been difficult to balance. I think they are also getting a bit hard. Any thoughts or opinions appreciated.

Re: Tyres

Last time I needed a set I got some Toyos - unfortunately not Proxes but the from their van range..! Seem OK in the dry but a bit slippery in the wet (or maybe that's just my driving)...and despite several thousand miles seem immune to wear...so maybe a bit hard.
    Better choice if you drop to 175...but even so good quality 13" are now getting scarce.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi Geoff,
      Having only just recently re-built my Rodster after a 12 year lay up, a set of new boots was definately required. The old tyres had started to perish and would not have passed the MOT.
      I purchased my tyres online from camskill.co.uk
      They have fifteen types of tyres to choose from but in the end I went for the TOYO 350 priced at £39.90 each. It will cost around £10 per tyre for fitting if you take them to your local tyre fitters.
      Try also having a look at the Falken SN828 priced at £40.20 each.A friend of mine has a set of falkens (different size) fitted to his Smart Brabus and they are amazing. The car just sticks to the road like glue.This would have been my first choice but due to delivery time on these tyres I ended up going for the TOYO's which I am more than happy with, although I havn't really driven them in the wet yet!
      Try also ctyres.co.uk if you want some price comparison.
      Regards,
      Chris

Comment

Geoff,
        The recomended life of a tyre is about 5years you should really think about changing them sooner than later.

I run 175/70X13 Firestone and they seem to available without a problem £35 a time.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ben,
          You are quite right about tyre life but I believe one of the main contributors to rubber degradation is UV light and because my car spends most of its life under a cover in the garage it doesn't get the same exposure as normal. Anyway, thats my excuse for not changing them more regularly.
          Thanks guys for all your input.

Comment

Good point Geoff perhaps you should get out more.
            Regards Ben
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I'm trying, Ben, believe me I'm trying.

Comment

Hi Geoff, got a set of 4 185,70r,13 tyres made by HERO no i had,nt heard of them either,but pleased to find they grip in the wet or dry they dont look like van tyres. Anyhow paid £34 each inc vat.

Comment

Working...
                X