Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone I have just joined your club and thought I would introduce myself and also ask you all for some advise

I have had my roadster nearly 13 years and ran it for the first 3 until I blew the head gasket and it has been sat in my shed ever since it has a 1700 marina engine over head cam I am not sure whether to repair it or bite the bullet and put a zetec engine in her. I don't really want to throw good money and time at doing the head gasket which I know needs skimming and I am sure there will be other things which need doing to it as well.
    Your thoughts would be much appreciated
    Angus

Re: New member

Hi Angus first of all welcome to our great club, Regarding your engine depends on how deep are your pockets, rebuilding a 1700 will be nothing compared to going the zetec route as it is not the engine that costs the money its is all the other parts needed. if you really want to change the engine look at rear wheel drive cars, mx5, bmw, ford sierra, etc etc. my advice is get your car up and running as it is and enjoy it for what it is,

Comment

Hi Angus

I'm baserd in Peterborough with an Ital based roadster; 1.7 O series lump. Like you, I have toyed with the idea of moving over to a Ford power train but not made any progress. If you'd like to meet and share ideas, be glad to help in any way I can. Also worth getting involved with SEMS where there can be a wealth of knowledge - depending on who turns up. Check PitStop for details.

Cheers Alan

Cheers

Comment

Angus, yes, welcome to the MOC. I agree with Lee, don't be in a hurry to make drastic changes. As Alan says, come to the next SEMS meeting (south east midlands sunday) on Nov 13th and we can advise you further. There are people who swear by the little A-series 1275cc motor (me) and others will talk up all the options up to V8 Rover but if you can get yours going for a reasonable sum then do just that. See you at the Royal Oak, Duddington on the A43.
        Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Hi Angus, i have a SWB roadster with a 2.0l pinto in it, very fast, but a bit tight access round it, it was my daily drive untill earlier in the year when i changed jobs now started a bit of a restoration program, if you want to have a look i am only just north of Spalding, and will be trying to get to SEMS again soon, Merv

Comment

Thanks for all your replys I think I am going to try and get the 1700 engine going and talk to you guys about upgrading the engine in the future and will definatly try and make the SEMS meeting on the 13th.Alan & Merv if you are going to the meeting it will be great to meet you there.

Comment

Working...
            X