Welsh Run 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh Run 2012

At the last Marlin run Pat & I suggested that we could organise a Welsh/Shropshire/Cheshire run for next year.
    We have done the basics, found route, camp site, pub etc and we are now looking to see how much interest there would be for such an event. As the calendar for next year already looks a little full we thought we might do the runs over the week end between Easter and Stoneleigh. The campsite has a pavillion that we can use if the weather is cold/wet. Anyone interested, let me know via the forum. Cheers Richard

Re: Welsh Run 2012

Sound good to me.
    Keep me posted if you need any help

Comment

Have you a date Richard. Sounds great but we may still be lambing then

Comment

Sounds good to me to.
        Terry

Comment

21st/22nd April is our current thoughts, but at this stage we can shift that around to accommodate other commitments.
          Richard

Comment

Hi Richard sounds good to me if you touch base with Danny Nelson as he is coordinating the events dates for 2012

Comment

Hi all. I'm putting a bit in the "Future Events" in Pitstop, but date T B A unless it's firmed up before 18 Nov
              If someone could email me to confirm before then I'd be grateful, can't always get wifi here Rgds DC

Comment

With only 4 potential cars for the event I'm not sure if it is worth the effort,
                However never say never, I'll leave it another 4 weeks to see if there are any more takers before knocking it on the head.

Comment

Hi Richard.
                  Its perhaps a bit early to decide. No mag out yet for instance and most folks don't commit until about 8 weeks before event.
                  Regards Liz

Comment

Hi Richard, your proposed date looks good, not clashing with anything that I am aware of. As Liz says I am sure you will get more intrest closer to the date.
                    Regards
                    Danny.

Comment

Update

Point taken Liz, however I was looking more for expressions of interest at this stage not confirmed attendees. If no more than 3 or 4 people are interested then there is no point me spending a load of money on fuel setting the run.

So I would appreciate feedback by the end of December so that I can make an informed decission.

Richard

Comment

Sounds interesting and on my doorstep! As long as work, etc, allow, count me in. Gareth.

Comment

Just a short note to advise everyone who showed an interest in the proposed Welsh Run that the event has been deferred due to the low interest shown. I can run it later in the year if there is sufficient interest at that time.
                          Sorry if this inconveniences anyone but at this point in time I can't justify the expense of setting the run for only a handful of cars.
                          Regards

Richard

Comment

My post of last week does not seem to have been included in this thread, so to reiterate statement:

The Welsh run has been deferred due the low level of interest, not sure whether this is the geographical location or the early date. Whatever, I can resurrect the idea for later in the year if enough people are interested.

Rgds

Richard

Comment

Working...
                            X