rear wind deflector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wind deflector

Hi all, Now i have sorted my sidesceens i'm looking for a rear wind deflector. Any info' would be welcome. Cheers

Re: rear wind deflector

Hello Jim

I built a test one using 15mm copper tubing as per the diagram. I used compression fittings so that I could experiment with height and then soldered it up with Yorkshire fittings.During testing I simply made the legs long enough so that I could wedge it behind the seats. The netting is simply taped on with gaffa tape.

I have to say, I wasn't very impressed with the result but Bob Cawte has designed and built one from scratch as well and he used 2 thicknesses of mosquito netting.

When it is all done, you cover it with slit convoluted plastic harness tubing

I think Tim Hawkesworth has found a BMW Mini one works well but I suspect it was megabucks compared with the above.

Best of luck

Comment

Hi Jim
      The one I recently built is using a MGF perspex one off ebay for £55 Plus a few more quid for fixtures and fittings.
      Personally well pleased with it!!
      A few pics in miscellaneous cat if you havent seen it.
      If interested and want more info let me know youe email?
      Cheers
      Bryan
      Stapley Bryan

Comment

Jim
        Some pics re above
        Attached Files
        Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Jim, If you are going for a solid one don't use Perspex, it is nasty stuff if it breaks. Go for Polycarbonate (I think riot shields are made from it). (I suspect Bryan was probably using the word perspex in a generic sense)

Comment

Hi Keith
            Good point!
            I have checked my ebay purchase and it just says high impact MGF/TF wind deflector!
            It seems there are none for sale at the mo anyway!!
            Cheers
            bryan
            Stapley Bryan

Comment

thanks for the info chaps. I have some pollycarb so i'll post a picture when it's sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by boofs View Post
                thanks for the info chaps. I have some pollycarb so i'll post a picture when it's sorted.
                Boofs

Did you progress with this idea?

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X