A different look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different look

I thought I'd share my new look Marlin,not yet finished the rebuild/rewire/engine rebuild/suspension mods(does it ever end?!) but I'm pleased with it so far.It is, at least as I know,a unique look.
    Attached Files

Re: A different look

and another pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Andy,
      I like your new look. My opinion is we have kit Cars and anything goes, but some might disagree. Do you think there might be a problem with the wing and inner wing being all one assembly? I might think about this for my Berlinetta. Can you give any hints and tips?

Well done. Roger

Comment

hi roger,
        thanks for your comments.
        The main problem with the one piece is the steering rack running through it,making removal difficult.I have got around this by having s slot the width of the rack ends that runs down to the bottom of the wing,and then I have a cover plate in a teardrop shape that hides it,with a circular cut out for the rack to go through,bolted onto the wing.For removal I just unbolt the cover,slide it down the rack and the wing then lifts off.
        The assembly is in fact quicker and easier to remove than the multi-panel set up,which is nice.
        The main problem is probably the fact that any serious damage means replacing the whole wing,but I have moulds to make more and that is also easier than tracking down good Marlin panels!
        I am more than happy to give any hints and tips you or anyone else might want on fibreglassing,it is now what I do for a living,either via the forum or via email- andylimoworkshop(at)hotmail.com.
        Regards,
        Andy

Comment

Good to see as I'd sketched something like this while building my Roadster in the eighties but didn't have the balls to try it
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Andy, did you think about an air dam? Roger

Comment

hi roger,
              I replied before but think it got lost on the updated site.I have considered an air dam/splitter arrangement and may still make one,but I'll see how it works on the road as it is first.Since I intend to panel over the transmission tunnel to give a flat floor,it may be less draggy to run more air under the car.Since I have a spare rear diffuser from the race car I'll be fitting that too,so those mods together with a rake on ride height and a sloping panel from the front cowling should provide a modest downforce level at no real cost in drag,as opposed to the lift that the standard front wings provide.

Comment

Working...
              X