Proposed New Weekend Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed New Weekend Camp

Geoff Grumble and I had been thinking about organising an event in far flung Suffolk and recently came across a pub called The White Lion at Lower Ufford about 5 miles north of Woodbridge with easy access from the A12 north of Ipswich.
    The land lady is very pro car clubs and already has several marques holding camps and meetings there. There is an approx 1/2 acre field alongside the pub which doubles as a campsite and car park. The Marlin Club has been asked if we wish to use it. The pub toilets can be used during opening hours but if there are enough of us they will install a portaloo. There are no real washing facilities so it would be a wet wipe camp, much the same as at Liz and Doug Billings. The beauty is that there is no charge for camping although the pub would expect us to have at least one meal in the pub over the weekend. Its good food and main meals start at £9. There is a deli attached to the pub where they sell their own bread and sausages from their own reared pigs which also feature on the menu. The pub has a web site. Suggest a camp is Friday Saturday and Sunday but we are sure you can stay longer by arrangement. We would organise a run on one day over the weekend and make suggestions for places to go on the other days.
    No dates have been mentioned- this is just to see if there is enough interest to proceed further

Re: Proposed New Weekend Camp

Looks good to me, count me in as long as it doesn't clash with anything else. Adrian

Comment

Hi, Paul sounds good. Let me know what dates you propose and I will confirm that nothing clashes with the calendar.
      Regards
      Danny.

Comment

Excellent idea!

Comment

Danny could you please let me have booked dates for MOC events so we can fix a date that does not clash. Have emailed your H/A
          Cheers
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X