Member's Hierarchy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member's Hierarchy?

It is with some diffidence that I venture to post here as I see I am only a Junior Member whereas there are lots of ordinary Members and indeed many revered Senior members whose opinions must, by definition, carry more weight than my own infantile mewlings.

However taking my courage in both hands I would like to ask my elders and betters -

How can I qualify to be a proud full Member? (My ambition, however vaulting, cannot take on board the possibility of senior Membership).

What advantages, privileges etc., accrue to those above my own lowly station that are denied to me?

If it is a question of money, how much am I saving by remaining in juvenile obscurity?

If it isn't a question of money, age, or who you know, isn't this a rather silly and distasteful social division in a club such as ours?

With much bowing, scraping, and knuckling of forehead,

Malcolm Platt
    Last edited by mlplatt; 23-11-11, 02:57 PM.

It's nothing personal. The rank is bestowed by the gods of vBulletin depending on the number of forum posts you make.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Looking back through the archived Pit Stops my first contribution was in November 1985 !!! No wonder I am listed as a Senior Member ! One foot in the grave indeed. Oh, how I wish I was still a Junior. : )

Comment

If I had thought about the cause I might have eventually arrived at the same conclusion. I didn't really think that I had been singled out for such adjectival discrimination because of a personal vendetta. In my youthful naivete though I had supposed that the whole idea of having a website designed was that such could be tailored to avoid such stupidities.

But that's Life I suppose. The Rewards go to those with the loudest, or in this case most exercised, voices.

Malcolm Platt (Junior Member)
        Last edited by mlplatt; 23-11-11, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X