Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i change my user name

Hi,
    Is there a way to change my user name without creating a new account.
    Regards
    Martin Newell

According to the email I recieved, yes. Towards the bottom assuming you got the same thing.
    I tried, but got no joy, have reported it to web admin. Lets wait and see, the facility should be available till 6 Dec

However we would ask that you change your user name within the first week (so before Tuesday 6th of December) as after this date this facility will no-longer be available.

To change your user name please use this internet page which will be available once the new site is live:

www.marlinownersclub.com/forum_user.php

Enter your new user name and confirm using your password.

Your forum account will be updated immediately but it may take a little while for this change to filter down to existing posts.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I think it probably does work, but where it says to enter your email address, just add the bit before the @ sign.
      i.e the same user name as you would use to log on to the mail forum.

Unfortunately I couldn't change mine as I'd already created an account with that name when I first logged on to the forum; I though I just needed to register to be able to post.
      Only after I'd done that, did I receive the explanatory email from Jon Rogers sying that the old accounts had been ported over. It must have got delayed in the ether somewhere.

Oddly though I still couldn't post using my newly created account, so perhaps the current setup is that only club members can post; hopefully that will change if the idea is to attract new members.
      Best Wishes
      Bill Williams
      Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

Thanks, possibly right, but I tried that too. Maybe because I wanted a space in my user name.
        I wont worry about it for a while as othewise the forum is accessible.
        If anyone else manages it, let us know please.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Thanks for all suggestions.
          Hopefully all will be rectified as the members list looks a mess!
          I also find the web site colours make it difficult for old eyes to read.
          May need to go to Spec Savers!

Comment

Get yourself down to the bottom left of this page. There is a box that says marlin style with a dropdown. Change it to default. Sorted.

I have to agree. standard colours are difficult.
            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Oddly enough, I thought the colours were a bit odd.

Changing to the default sorted it.

But I have to say, the grey / red looks fine on my iPad.

Neil

Comment

Thanks Steve, much better on default. Chris

Comment

There is a bit of a debate whether you can change your user name to one with spaces in it. The trouble is, once you have changed it once, can you change it again?

Has anyone changed their user name yet?
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

I've tried a few times to change my username but it's not worked for me yet. I've emailed the help@ address.
                    BMW E30 Sportster 2005 - M20B28 - Build Log and Updates http://www.msportster.co.uk/
                    http://www.modelog.co.uk/
                    http://www.mustang67.co.uk/

Comment

Hi All

I have had the same problem and the help desk set me back to the original name and password and I have now changed it. There was a slight error in the coding that has now been fixed.

Those who have not changed it yet will be able to no hassle, those who have tried to will need to get onto the help desk to reset.

Adrian

Comment

You should be able to change your user name. We have had some reports of people struggling with spaces so I would recommend against using them. Any problems though and as Patrick said, just email the help@ address.

Jon

CyberPharm

Comment

Thanks for changing my username it has worked Patrick
                          BMW E30 Sportster 2005 - M20B28 - Build Log and Updates http://www.msportster.co.uk/
                          http://www.modelog.co.uk/
                          http://www.mustang67.co.uk/

Comment

So far so good!

Comment

You can change your user name at this address: www.marlinownersclub.com/forum_user.php
                              Worked for me

Comment

Working...
                              X