Heads up - New MOT requirements!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up - New MOT requirements!

Apparently some new MOT rules are planned from 1st Jan 2012. A few links below for your perusal.

Following the triggering of Article 50 that has begun the slow and complicated removal of the UK from the European Union, the UK car industry

Worst thing is the apparent lack of exemption for existing cars! Goal posts and moving come to mind. Peter.

I don't think this is going to be a big issue for most Marlins, especially Roadsters & Berlinettas. ABS ESP ESC Airbags !!!, not a problem. Same applies for Classics (including my Stags).

Could be a problem for Trailer Wiring for some though, how many people actually check it works correctly ?. I think testing this is a good idea.

Comment

I am worried about the check on ECU modifications, this is a step ion the direction of the German TUV that allows no modifications at all.

Comment

Re: Heads up - New MOT requirements!

Don, I suspect a properly reprogrammed/ remapped ECU will be fine. They are probably looking at the piggyback mods which can sometimes be rough and ready (such as the type that changes the output of Temp 2 sensors. Real "bucket-brigade" tuning). I've recently gone EFi in my Berli - it will be quite a job for a tester to prize the ECU out of its protected hidey hole. Testers are not supposed to perform any sort of dismantling of the vehicle.
        Mine is an industry standard unit and I can even show the tester a full 3d graph of it's map if he can understand it! I'll let you know in June what happens..........
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
        X