Obituary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obituary

I have today received an email from Sarah White to advise that her husband Ian lost his fight against cancer on 3rd December. The family were all there and feel that after such a long and brave battle, at the very least he is now no longer in any pain or discomfort.

Ian was passionate about his beloved Marlin and he totally believed that they should be used and not kept in a garage and brought out only on high days and holidays. The newly completed Marlin was entered for the Guild of Motor Endurance 'Liege- Targa-Liege' Trial in September 1999. (This is where Sarah comes in.....she was in another car on the rally and they met at the opening meeting in the Place Royale in Spa - the rest, as they say, is history.

Ian and Sarah later took part in 3 further "Endurance Trials" - Spa/Corsica, Spa/Florence - in which 'Team Marlin'** won the Team prize, and as a honeymoon, in 2004 to Morocco!

**'Team Marlin' comprised Ian and Sarah, and the Marlins of Martin Woods (with Fen Boudry) and Cath Woodman (with Dave Smith).

Ian's Funeral will take place at 1100 Monday 19th at Taunton Deane Crematorium.

Should any member be able to attend the Funeral in their Marlin I am sure Sarah would be grateful for their presence

I take the liberty of posting this on behalf of the MOC committee, and expressing our condolences to Sarah.

The attached pic ( copyright unknown ) was taken when Ian was doing what he loved during the Liege Corse in 2001

DC
    Attached Files

I will attend in Marlin roadster.David Martin.

Comment

Many thanks David

Edit : Sarah has emailed to say how glad she was to see a Red Marlin there !
      Last edited by dcunn; 20-12-11, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X