change of car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change of car

with regret I have parted with my sporster, great car with bmw engine, my son has it now and he will be joining the club. My problem at 81, tall, and large was getting in and out, brought on very painful sciatica, would the cabrio be a larger car and if possible the lwb model with V8 engine, if so would anyone know of a really nice one for sale. Sovereign cars have one for sale, but I think it is a roadster.

can no one advise me if the cabrio is a larger car with easier access as I need to start looking, wer many LWB models made?

Comment

I guess you need to find someone who has driven both cars. (I only have a Sportster and have never sat in a Cabrio).
      I think Tim Hawkesworth had both so maybe Tim could comment next time he's on the forum?

Comment

I still have both a sportster and a lwb Hunter. There is more width in a sportster than a Cabrio/Hunter, however the Cabrio is easier for a large/XL to enter/exit as long as its topless as the screen surround can be used as a grab. To get into a Cabrio with the hood up is not easy for a larger person but do not forget that the hood is easy to erect when sitting in the car.
        Reluctantly I have decided to sell my Hunter as I cannot drive Sportster and Berlinetta as well as the Hunter. Derek [or anyone else ] if you are interested in the Hunter, please contact me [ details in Pitstop] The car is the prototype lwb Hunter built in 1998 by Marlin Cars and used as their publicity car, its the blue/cream car that featured on the publicity material/ pres reports of the day,
        It is fitted with a Ford 2.3 16V twin cam engine with an MT75 gearbox. The car has covered 50k miles with virtually 2 owners since Marlin. It is well shod and I have fitted both a radio/cd player and a towbar. 12 months MOT would be provided.
        Derek if you just wish to see the two cars alongside each other please contact me.

Comment

Thanks, Tim!

Comment

thank you Tim will look in pitstop for details or perhaps you can e-mail pictures etc, regards, Derek

Comment

Hi Derek, I can usually find the right car to suit requirements.. I see you prefer a V8 LWB. Send me an email or tel me on home tel no or mobile. I am sure I can help. It is important to get the right car to the spec that you want.
              regards, Danny.

Comment

Working...
              X