• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hunter with jerky running

Many thanks

Comment

Does anyone know where to get a new TPS?

Comment

Originally posted by stewartdjones View Post
        Have a look on ebay would you believe thats where I saw one the other day

Comment

Originally posted by stewartdjones View Post
          Call it a ford scorpio and you should be ok there is a genuine ford one on there

Comment

I did as Phil suggested, but it did not work.
            The car starts and runs very well, but when coming to an idle when fully warm the revs are around 1300 to 1500.
            If I switch the engine off then restart straight away, the revs are correct at around 850 to 900.
            It doesn’t happen all the time but only on local runs.
            Any ideas anybody?

Comment

Could possibly be a faulty/dirty idle control valve. If this is disconnected whilst idling the revs will usually increase and return to normal when reconnected if everything is working OK.

Comment

I would check for any possible air leaks between the air flow meter and the intake manifold. Air flow meter is after the air filter and before the manifold, and any small hoses joining on to the manifold or engine breather, also all gaskets the slightest leak can alter the manifold depression and thereby alter the depression in the manifold and subsequently the amount of fuel being sent through the injectors.

The fact that your problem is intermittent suggests something small and overlooked.
                Phil

Comment

The next thing to try is the A I C V or in English The air idle control valve. This is a non serviceable item but they do gum up, it sits on the other side of the manifold to the TPS (do you speak abbreviations,) held on by two 4mm bolts or slightly larger, it is an electrically operated solenoid that allows ,or not,the air to bypass the throttle plate when it is closed i.e. tick over or changing gear.

The valve consists of a domed button that covers a hole when the throttle closes. As I said it is not serviceable except for spaying it with carb cleaner and blow the muck out, there is nothing else you can do to it so don't try it.

Check for any itsy bitsy air leaks between the Air Flow Meter (AFM) and the intake manifold, even the smallest leak can alter the depression in the manifold and change the flow of air. Remember in an EFi engine the only thing controlled from the air filter to the intake manifold is air , and the fuel by the lambda sensors and the injectors and related parts.
                  I don't know of anywhere that has the capabilities to check out the early technology of fuel injection or even has the old code readers or the knowledge , this is now nearly 40year old technology , how many times has Microsoft changed on your PC ?

Phil.

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.
                  Last edited by philcoyle; 27-09-18, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X