Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber Carb

Hi all,

My Weber 34ADF54/250 fitted to my Roadsters Fiat 2.0L twin cam needs a good service/ overhaul by someone who knows what they are doing, unlike me! I have searched the net for any companies that will do this for me but the only one that I can find is Gower & Lee. They can completely strip and service my carb for me for around £120 but unfortunately it will take them approx. six weeks to do this and I dont know if I can wait this long. Has anybody got any ideas.

Regards,

Chris

Re: Weber Carb

Have you spoken to Webcon? http://www.webcon.co.uk/
    They should be able tp put you in touch with a local distributor?

Comment

Personally for anything carb wise I always use Chatsworth Motor Spares near Chesterfield. What he doesn't know just isn't worth knowing.
      A wealth of experience with Webers and huge stocks of SU parts. He built me a special for the Landrover V8 by boring out the throat of a particular twin downdraught to a larger size and set it up on an airflow test bench.
      I fitted it and went back for a gas test and found it to be spot on.
      Beware of Ike's rather brusque manner, he seems a genuinely pleasant guy when you see past that.
      He does have sensitivity for old cars, racing a Lister Jaguar himself.
      Well worth seeking him out in my opinion.
      Best Wishes
      Bill Williams
      Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

Wasnt this carb fitted tothe old Fiat 131 twin cam? If so refurb kits and parts should be available - iirc theres a little rubber diaphragm which can split but the major problem is that they silt up. I must have 'done up' hundreds of these in my time and dont recall anything being tricky excpet getting the downdraguht linkage aligned on reassembly - dont loose the little R clip!- but there's a knack to that - definitely a diy proposition as there are so few moving parts... stick it in the post to me and I will do it!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I will explore all options!
          Cameron, thanks for your very generous offer which I may take you up on. Watch this space!!

Chris

Comment

I've got 32ADF on my 1585 Fiat twin cam as well that could use a proper service at some point. Do let us know how your research comes along!

Comment

Working...
            X