Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber Carb

Hi all,

My Weber 34ADF54/250 fitted to my Roadsters Fiat 2.0L twin cam needs a good service/ overhaul by someone who knows what they are doing, unlike me! I have searched the net for any companies that will do this for me but the only one that I can find is Gower & Lee. They can completely strip and service my carb for me for around £120 but unfortunately it will take them approx. six weeks to do this and I dont know if I can wait this long. Has anybody got any ideas.

Regards,

Chris

Re: Weber Carb

Have you spoken to Webcon? http://www.webcon.co.uk/
    They should be able tp put you in touch with a local distributor?
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Personally for anything carb wise I always use Chatsworth Motor Spares near Chesterfield. What he doesn't know just isn't worth knowing.
      A wealth of experience with Webers and huge stocks of SU parts. He built me a special for the Landrover V8 by boring out the throat of a particular twin downdraught to a larger size and set it up on an airflow test bench.
      I fitted it and went back for a gas test and found it to be spot on.
      Beware of Ike's rather brusque manner, he seems a genuinely pleasant guy when you see past that.
      He does have sensitivity for old cars, racing a Lister Jaguar himself.
      Well worth seeking him out in my opinion.
      Best Wishes
      Bill Williams
      Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

Wasnt this carb fitted tothe old Fiat 131 twin cam? If so refurb kits and parts should be available - iirc theres a little rubber diaphragm which can split but the major problem is that they silt up. I must have 'done up' hundreds of these in my time and dont recall anything being tricky excpet getting the downdraguht linkage aligned on reassembly - dont loose the little R clip!- but there's a knack to that - definitely a diy proposition as there are so few moving parts... stick it in the post to me and I will do it!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I will explore all options!
          Cameron, thanks for your very generous offer which I may take you up on. Watch this space!!

Chris

Comment

I've got 32ADF on my 1585 Fiat twin cam as well that could use a proper service at some point. Do let us know how your research comes along!

Comment

Working...
            X