LWB and SWB measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWB and SWB measurements

Can anyone advise what are the wheel base measurements for a long and short wheelbase Marlin. Also the visual difference I have been told is that the LWB car has around four inches between door shut and rear wing opposed to the roughly two inches on the standard SWB car - any other body changes? A photo would be great if possible.

Re: LWB and SWB measurements

Yes you are correct, the length change is back of the doors/rear tub. Rumour has it a customer came to view a Cabrio with the view to placing a order but could not get his golf clubs in so before he walked off Marlin agreed to extend the car that is how the LWB came about.

I have had both models and certainly more room in a LWB pictures of blue car is LWB and my old car SWB
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CosworthCabrioLee; 19-02-12, 03:39 PM.

Comment

and some more
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CosworthCabrioLee View Post
        and some more
        Thanks. Is this one a SWB?

Comment

Yes the red one is a swb hope this helps

Comment

Great, that confirms what I had been told that my car is a SWB. So was the chassis actually extended 2 to 4 inches giving a longer wheelbase or was this just a bodywork modification?

Comment

I have had a look at your pictures ( beautiful car by the way ) and it's a swb , the chassis was extended as was the doors and running boards , the rear wings and real tub were unchanged.

Comment

Originally posted by CosworthCabrioLee View Post
                I have had a look at your pictures ( beautiful car by the way ) and it's a swb , the chassis was extended as was the doors and running boards , the rear wings and real tub were unchanged.
                Thanks for your help.

Comment

Just for the record , I own, and have for sale the prototype lwb Hunter. its the blue/cream one used in the Marlin publicity pics from 1997/8, as road tested by Daily Telegraph at that time and as shown on this website under Cars/Cabrios and described as "Camping Marlin"
                  The wheelbase on this car is 2.7m. What is the w/b of the swb car ?

Comment

Originally posted by tim.hawkesworth View Post
                    Just for the record , I own, and have for sale the prototype lwb Hunter. its the blue/cream one used in the Marlin publicity pics from 1997/8, as road tested by Daily Telegraph at that time and as shown on this website under Cars/Cabrios and described as "Camping Marlin"
                    The wheelbase on this car is 2.7m. What is the w/b of the swb car ?
                    Is that R873NTA ? I have the red car in the same brochure MFJ 428 - now with Spanish registration 5119 DXB

Comment

Yes it was but now on my plate R100 TJH which I shall retain when sold, so R873 NTA will go back on the car

Comment

Working...
                      X