1700 Marina bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1700 Marina bits

Am I right in saying that bits for the 1700 Marina engine are much more difficult to source compared to the 1800?

Re: 1700 Marina bits

Hiya again

Lets put it this way you can buy a complete slightly damaged MGB 1980 ebay number 260941882425 for £950

Comment

Some parts like the thermostst housing are almost impossible to find. Its a question of numbers, as I said in another place the 1800 is pretty much an MGB engine so there are no real problems with supply and plenty of alternatives.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Yes I looked through the Earlparts catalogue and many parts for the 1.7 engine are unavailable. Guess I will give the one I was interested in a miss as I dont want to start off my Marlin ownership with a car I cant repair.

Comment

So you have moved away from a Bulldog and towards a Marlin?
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

If your looking for a project then this one is a runner, although has an 'A' Series engine.

The engine mounting points will already be on the chasis is you wished to change it for a 'B' series engine.

Ebay 110826899559

Adrian

Comment

Yep

At the moment my cars of choice are the Marlin Roadster, The JBA Falcon, the NGTF and the Bulldog. All are a similar style.

I have left myself a broad scope in the hope of finding a good one. Have moved away from the 1.7 Marina engine. 1.8 would be OK as would the Ford engines.

I would want to avoid over complications of fuel injection as need to stick with what is comfortable for working on.
              I need to open the bonnet and have the alternator, carburretor, starter motor, distributer laid out easily in front of me.

PS
              Of all of them, this is the best forum
              Last edited by bumpy; 21-02-12, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                If your looking for a project then this one is a runner, although has an 'A' Series engine.

The engine mounting points will already be on the chasis is you wished to change it for a 'B' series engine.

Ebay 110826899559

Adrian
                I saw that - too far from me and too much work to get on the road. I have a garage but no room to work.

Comment

Working...
                X