Help required with hood for a roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required with hood for a roadster

I have just about finished off building a LWB Roadster and with the help of Danny Nelson and Ben Caswell have been able to locate a hood frame and and manufacture sockets. What I need know is a hood. and sidescreens

I would like to know where the best place is to get one! who makes and supplies them?

I would like to have access to an existing hood that I can show to a trimming company as an example of what I need. Does anyone have an old hood and side screens that I can borrow. I will willing pay for postage and packaging and return when finished.

All help will be much appreciated

Malcolm Horn

Re: Help required with hood for a roadster

HI Malcolm, I would be very interesteed in the mechanics of the hood frame as I too will need to make one in due course.

Comment

Take a look at Pitstop archive. You need September 1987. I made this hood frame using the parts indicated and it is still is use today some 24 years later. If I were to do it again however, I would use polished stainless steel rather than the aluminium. There are also smarter alternatives available today for the lower hinges where it attaches to the body tub which would negate the need for the Marlin supplied sockets. Look at any chandlers website for these.
      Jon
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

cheers Jon,

Comment

Hi where are you located??

Comment

The hood that I have is a simple Marlin original when I have the frame in place I will photograph it and send a copy with a dimensioned sketch

Comment

Steven

Thanks for the reply Iam based near Grantham in Lincolnshire half way between Nottighan
              m and Lincoln

Comment

A little far from me then.

Comment

Hi Gary. My name is Harry Fitch. I live in Nottingham and have a LWB Roadster (Marina based and built in 1993). If you have not had any help, I would be happy to lend you my hood and sidescreens. My only problem is that I am taking my Marlin down to France in mid April, so will need the items back quite quickly. If you want to borrow them, please call me on 0115 808 3627 or my mobile 07977 407 980.

Comment

Harry, when you get back from France, pictures and words please of your trip and car Rgds DC

Comment

Will do. I am away for the summer and will take in the classic car races at Pau and Angouleme - both very much recommended as "fun in the sun" and a very relaxed atmosphere. Cars like the Marlin do not compete but are very welcome - with free parking in displays. If anyone wants to join in, please contact me - dates etc are on the web. I hope to take in the Classic Le Mans this year too.

Comment

Just found some brand new lwb roadster sidescreens which i will be putting on classifieds soon if anyone is intersted just pm me

Comment

Working...
                        X