2 core/ 3 core radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 core/ 3 core radiator

That looks like a smart radiator. Would love to see pics of the install.
    If poss can you post sketches and dimensions of any brackets, blanking plates you fabricate.

Would love to hear how well it works under load.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

No problem, I will post piccies when I have it figured out.
      Cheers,
      Tom.

Comment

Well iv got it, £115 plus Vat so it came to £138 he wouldnt drop the vat for cash tho. Hopefully it will help for the summer. Iv also had the filler cap moved to the side. I can highly reccomend him. He rang me up with a question after a couple of days aswell, he finished it a week less then he said.
        Attached Files

Comment

That looks pretty good.
          Filling the spaces above the radiator will help force air through the rad rather than it flowing over the top, all the time the car is moving forwards.
          It should make a noticeable difference if not cure any overheating problems. The next step, if needed, is to fit a fan.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

and as it so happens I have a spare electric sierra fan (made by kenlowe) in good working order

Comment

Iv got 2 fans already lol But thanks anyway . It seems to of cured my problem and iv put even put a stat back in. Im hoping i wont have to have the electric fan on all the time now. I left the car running whilst i was working on it without the electric fan fitted and heater switched off and it just stayed below normal. So time will tell if it has cured things. I didnt change it cause it was overheating tho i had split the top getting the cap on and off so many times but it did used to get warm going up long hills even with the heater and both fans on. Plus iv now gone back to my single heater matrix aswell. Thanks guys.

Comment

Just been out for abit of drive and all seems well. didnt use the electric fan once and had the heater off the whole time. I dont no if any of you are having great weather but it was lovely going for a drive in exmoor espically when your not worrying about overheating.

Comment

Sounds like money well spent. Peace of mind is worth a lot.
                  Reserve full judgement till we have a proper summer!
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hi Steven
                    Just spotted your question!!
                    I live on the Blackdown Hills in Stapley
                    Hope Raysons can get you sorted at reasonable cost!!
                    Regards
                    Bryan
                    Stapley Bryan

Comment

Yeah should be alright in the summer tho im guessing.
                      Yeah they were great thanks.

Comment

Hi Steven
                        Was that you I saw near Wheddon Cross last week?
                        Red Roadster in Trials Trim??
                        Regards
                        Bryan
                        Stapley Bryan

Comment

Yeah probaly would of been. only now of 1 other in dunster. Im driving my round abit now getting it ready for the lands end trial. plus my land rovers coming off the road. Im always filling it up at wheddon lol. nearesy garage to me. What was you in then??

Comment

I was working so driving a WPD Ford Ranger (not much fun to be had there!!)
                            Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
                            X