Another question from me. Back box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question from me. Back box

Hi i smashed my exhaust up abit last month and have decided i need a new back box. It was load aswell reading 98 db. Its a MGB engined roadster with marina running gear. Its a side exit system. The book just says fit a common silencer/tail pipe assembly. I still have the rotted out silencer i removed with the bracket on it. So what car is this likely to be?? I really dont want a stainless as it will probaly get broken plus money is tight atm what with needing the new radiator.

Thanks steven

Re: Another question from me. Back box

AFAIK the side exhaust was a Marlin special.The 1800 Marina had two different exhaust manifolds, the single carb had a single outlet and the TC had a twin outlet. From there a Marlin special pipe twisted through the engine bay and out above the chassis where it conneced to a Marlin special exhaust silencer.Any stock exhaust parts would take the exhaust under the car and not out of the side.A while ago, someone had a side exhaust for sale, cant remember who, perhaps they never sold it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So its probaly best to see what i can make fit then. Can anybody reccomend a exhaust back box for a 1800cc? the pipes running from the manifold are fine its just the back box that was knackered. Its a twin carb.

Comment

Try searching for a universal silencer at somewhere like Demon Tweaks - these come in a variety of sizes and pipe diameters - fitted a couple of stainless ones to my roadster a couple of years ago. They've remained nice and shiny too. I found mine on line but they do a paper catalogue too.

Regards
        Nick

Comment

I think iv got the book for them thinking about it. I really dont want a stainless system tho cause il smash it straight away with my luck.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X