Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mirrors

I picked up a pair of Morgan mirrors for £40 on EBay. The top hole of the standard mirror is used, drill and tap a new hole lower down. Be careful to miss the glass channel. Seal up the unused original lower hole. Fix the new mirrors using the Morgan gasket.

The mirrors are adjustable for width and angle so I was able to see the sides for reversing and also see above the rear wheel arches while driving.

EC340D1C-9065-4E80-96CA-3D3E175D020A.jpegE2EAB751-1B7B-4D61-AFDD-03BB169CBBD6.jpeg68EC331B-714A-4F47-9386-371128CF6265.jpeg

Comment

Hi All

Yes Cabrio mirrors I have also been looking for new mirrors for my recently acquired Cabrio. Failing to find anything suitable I looked again at what was already fitted (working on the principle that I can only wee with the willy I've got ) and I came up with this solution I swapped the mirror heads over and made a conversion piece that goes between the mounting and the mirror head and changes the angle for the mirror head to mount on, I've not had chance to try them yet has I only fitted them today I'll report back once I've tried them out.Cabrio Mirror Converters Fitted Rs.jpgCabrio Side Mirror Convertor Rs.jpgCabrio Both Mirrors Done Rs.jpg

Comment

Pitstop issue 211, Geoff Beech's piece entitled "Mirror Madness". I have copied his method of mounting with the minor variation of using larger mirrors. Part numbers for mirrors and stems supplied if your interested. My mirrors' outer edge are a fraction within the vertical line upwards from the running boards...and they're spring loaded anyway so resistant to accidental elbow bashing.
        Bill

Comment

That looks a neat and relatively simple solution. Let me know how its works, as I'd like to try that . Thanks . Clive

Comment

Hi Clive
            Yes they are a great improvement over the original position I would still like some bigger mirror heads fitted with flat mirror glass so you get a true reflection (pardon the pun) of the distance of following vehicles. So its still a task in progress.
            Regards,
            Mick.

Comment

Working...
            X