No announcement yet.

bottom ball joint thread sizes (Sierra)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottom ball joint thread sizes (Sierra)

Well work continues apace on the little romero, fixed the rattly tappets, cured a little water leak and everything is looking good in the bay so I have pushed on with the front suspension. Now this was all put together by the previous owner and it looks like he's used a couple of recon track control arms. trouble is one has a castellated nut on the ball joint and the hole in the ball joint thread is lined up etc. the other one, the OS has a castelated nut but there is no split pin hole! Its not in a god place to drill it without removing the arm altogether but I had a thought...does anyone know what size the thread is (Its a 19mm 3/4" AF nut) so I could replace them with nylocks? Or anyone get a better idea?

Re: bottom ball joint thread sizes (Sierra)

Hi Cameron, I've done away with the castellated nut, and used Nylocks, with no problems even at MOT time.
    Sorry I cant help with the thread size.

Terry

Comment

Would second that what terry says I am getting 2 for my car at the local suppliers do you want me to get you a pair ?? And stick them in the post ???

Comment

Lee that would be fabulous! Many thanks

Comment

Ok going on Tuesday so will let you know when posting them.

Comment

Hi Cameron ordered your nuts 12mm by 1.5 pitch picking up Friday will let you know.

Comment

Brilliant, cheers Lee.

Comment

Working...
              X