X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest pics

Lovely day today so I played inthe garage

engine1.jpgengine11.jpgengine111.jpg

Next is to mount the exhaust then the NS engine panel then on to the front bits: nose cone bonnet etc, the list is never ending.

Re: latest pics

Looking good.

Comment

Very nice Cameron stoneleigh this year then ?

Comment

hahaha that would be a triumph of enthusiasm over experience! Just need to sepnd some money now and finish it - trouble is - you know me - too many other things to do which get in the way - my hobby goes on the backburner at every turn!
        HOpefully today Im going to sort out the exhaust. Need to make hay etc, got a lot of work on from Next WEek.

Comment

Nice to see it coming along...soon be done..!
          Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
          Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Well, all the panels are on. Doors have locks but no furniture. Just decided to do a little job last night - fit the fog light switch. Well blow me down, it ended up with all the dash out to go back over the wiring, no power to where the headlights are going to be but sidelights ok. I had two wires wrong on the relays so that was fine, power now going to the fog light switch too. But it was on all the time! So all the steering column wires came out and I traced all the brown/black wires to find one had been taped up ? so I connected that to the other terminal on the fog light and bobs your ferkin! Meanwhile it is apparent that now the power is going to the headlights that the column stalk is U/S. So, another one ordered from fleabay. Of course, now everything is unravelled its time to make an even neater job of it than i did the first time and maybe try version 74 of the dashboard? hmmm
            research on the emarking of glass is covered in another post but...here's an interesting thing..a farmer chum of mine mentioned he had just had a new screen in his telehandler - flat laminated glass and emarked to the correct specification to boot! So maybe an agricultural windscreen contractor is the way to go? His huge screen was only £160 fitted and was made from three panels!
            Wont be ready for stoneleigh though

Comment

Nice to see it coming along.
              Terry

Comment

Did a new dash today...Managed to make the 'cake' gauges from teh dolly work, was a bit of a fiddle but not too difficult. All the gauges are recessed into the dash and there is nothing of the bezel sticking out to give the iva man a palpitation. Heater has been wedged on demist until after the test and a vinyl covered board made to cover it all. The underdahs area is also all boxed in with mdf panels, again covered in vinyl to match.
                The steering whel is a cossie one from ebay to which I have added the YKC logo (made from an online logo generator). Overall Im quite happy but think this will be the first area I do up after teh test - if I ever get that far!
                Pics here - please dont laugh...

dash.jpg

wheel.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X