X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I fit MGB wheels?

Hi
    My first post!
    I've got a 1990 Roadster running Marina parts, MGB engine and 13" wheels. I need new tyres and am considering larger wheels. I wonder if I can fit the 14" MGB wheels as replacements. A lot of MGB bits are the same as Marinas but I can't find any details about the wheels on the forum.
    thanks Dave

Re: Can I fit MGB wheels?

Hi Dave. I asked the same question of someone a few weeks ago but if I understand correctly you have to have the van rear axle and front hubs fitted , but dont quote me on that. I wanted to do the same as you on my 1986 roadster. Cheers Chris

Comment

Hi Dave if you are running std marina hubs they 3.75" pcd MGB are 4" pcd not many wheels fit but MGf wheels go on with spacers and are cheap .
      Regards
      Lee

Comment

If you have Marina saloon axles then the 3.75" PCD is common with many Triumphs, Spitfire, Dolomite etc. The standard Marina offset is 1/2", spacers will need to be calculated depending on tyre width. The problem area is the front upright and the gap between it and the tyre itself.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi

If you require some spacers I have 2 going for nothing.

Adrian

Comment

Hi Adrian
            That would be great!
            I'm on holiday in a couple of weeks and High Wycombe isn't that far. The spacers would be for the front wheels, I presume.
            Nice looking Marlin. Mine is Ivory White.
            thanks
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X