Side lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side lights

There appears to be 2 types of Side light that go into the cabrio top wing, the black rubber lite unit and a chrome surround type. We're are the chrome surround units from ? Any ideas .

Re: Side lights

MX5 ? (Private Joke)

Comment

Hi Lee side I have just changed the side lights on my Cabrio as the ones fitted were originally to big in diameter and cut down by a previous owner.
      I have gone for a pair of after market Range Rover side indicator repeater lights which are approx 50mm dia and sit to my mind quite neatly in the wing pod
      Obviously they are a clear lens as opposed to the original equipment orange variety!
      All the bits came from good old ebay for not too much dosh
      If you or anyone would be interested I will take photos and provide more info as required
      Regards
      Bryan
      Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan I would love to see some pictures,

Comment

Hi Lee
          Please find photos attached
          As per previous post the lights are aftermarket Range Rover items and are plastic,the bulb holders are from ebay and adapted to remove the unwanted resistors and are a tight waterproof push fit,the bulbs are also ebay buys and are LED(nice clean white light)
          I'm very pleased with the results exept the paint reaction I got when trying to touch in the pods!
          I guess the original paint is different to the Cellulose I applied!
          Oh well just another job to add to the list of things things to do!!

Cheers
          Bryan
          Attached Files
          Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan very nice could you drop me the pictures to leezr160 (at) hotmail.com thanks lee

Comment

Hi bryan just placed my order will let you know when fitted thanks again lee

Comment

Lee
                Pics on the way
                Pleased I could help!
                Bryan
                Stapley Bryan

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures of my new side lights, thanks to Bryan's idea. I have made a polished stainless mounting plate to hold the light in position. Buld holders are from a rover 200 with LED bulbs
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Lee! Maybe you could do a quick "how to" on some of your mods???

Comment

More pictures now with the led bulbs installed and picture of fixing bracket.
                      Attached Files

Comment

If it helps out members I have also made up several sets of side light rings for all those Berli and Cabrio/Hunters who have the type 51 rubberlite units on their cars. These slip over the light and are held in place with a spot of contact glue.
                        If any members want a set please PM me price is £12 a pair
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lee - they look good!

Comment

Hi Lee
                            Side lights look great(how did I know they would look better than mine!!)
                            Just pleased to be able to contribute something usefull for once!!
                            Regards
                            Bryan
                            Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan do you want a set of mounting brackets created ?? Doing a set for another cabrio owner ?
                              Last edited by CosworthCabrioLee; 25-04-12, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X