Wiper Motor - Cortina based

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Motor - Cortina based

My wiper motor no longer self parks and only sweeps once acreoss the screen on intermittent wipe. Does anyone know where I can buy a new unit, I have tried Old Parts Store?

Roger

Wiper Motor

My Cotina based Berlinetta wiper motor no longer self parks and one makes one sweep on intermittent wipe. Does anyone know where I can buy a new motor or what might be wrong with this one? If not does anyone know of an autoelectrician in Dorset/Hampshire?

Roger

Comment

Re: Wiper Motor

I remember having a cortina a long long time ago with this problem - i ended up changingthe relay - dont know whehter that was teh problme but it cured it!

Comment

Re: Wiper Motor - Cortina based

Hi, I have a Cortina MkIII motor in my Berli. It doesn't have intermittent wipe - I am making a chip based timer circuit to do this for me. My motor wouldnt self park for years but a couple of years ago I had the dash apart and found that the three cable connector had fallen off the motor. Upon reseating this plug all worked again. my motor does not have any relay in the system - this is maybe a quirk of the Cortina Mk three loom.
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Roger,
          "Long time no sea" as they say in the Sahara. I hope you are well and can assure you that the hard top I bought from you has really been appreciated this spring!
          Check the wiring on your wiper motor. It does not sound as if there is anything wrong with the motor, it sounds as if the three wires on the wiper motor have been crossed. The self park is built into the wiper motor casting and only works if the wires are coupled in the correct order. Also check that the earth wire from the motor has a good connection. Otherwise, as Cameron says, check the relay.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
            Hi Roger,
            "Long time no sea" as they say in the Sahara. I hope you are well and can assure you that the hard top I bought from you has really been appreciated this spring!
            Check the wiring on your wiper motor. It does not sound as if there is anything wrong with the motor, it sounds as if the three wires on the wiper motor have been crossed. The self park is built into the wiper motor casting and only works if the wires are coupled in the correct order. Also check that the earth wire from the motor has a good connection. Otherwise, as Cameron says, check the relay.
            James,

I am amidst re-building my Beri and was intrigued as to how the wiper motor was wired and also managed to park - its an interesting and simple electro/mechanical mechanism hopefully explained in the attached diagram. Even if you have solved your problem, you or others might find this of interest.

Alan
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X