YKC Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YKC Cars

Would any of the YKC owners be interested in their own sub-group on here? We get bundled in with the Roadster owners (and they are all lovely I know) but if you want your own piece of the web let me know and I will set up a group or sub forum.

Re: YKC Cars

Seems sensible to me to have a sub group as the only thing in common is the Roadster name.
    It might help the search process, as the bulk of the YKC related posts would be made by a few users.

Good idea Cameron!
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I think it was over a year ago that I asks for some statistics on car types and I seem to remember at the time there were only about 16 YKC Roadster owning members, 4 Romeros & 4 Juliettas and only about 2/3rds of them were contactable by email which may or may not mean they have Internet access. There may be some more completed cars by now but I suspect it is not very many. There are lots of questions that get answered by folk who don't have the same Mark but have experience that can help (just like you Steve). If it means that questions that are posed only get seen by members of the Group then I am content to stay bundled with the other Roadster owners.

(Anyway, I had always thought that that the only difference was the Sierra suspension (and that the screen rollbar is detachable) and folks with Sierra based Cabrio's & Hunters can offer advice on their suspension)
      Last edited by keith_h; 20-04-12, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I just noticed this on Madaboutkitcars forum..............

...I thought it might be of interest of few here?

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
          only thing in common is the Roadster name.
          I always thought the chassis/screen frame/doors looked exactly the same as the Roadster and the YKC offerings were just a makeover with wings and grille?

Comment

There are quite a few differences, take this view of the front bulkhead..
            DSCF3036.jpg
            note how the bulkhead comes out in front of the pedal area and allows room for the servo on the far side?
            Also, all the suspension pick-ups are for Sierra independent rear and of course the diff - at the front are coil over Avo dampers and no welded on bumper. I guess there are differences between Roadster and ROmero/Julietta too. SO overall they are the same but quite different

Comment

Working...
            X