How old is my Roadster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old is my Roadster?

When I bought my roadster 12 years ago in boxes the age of the car didn't acer to me but now that it is about to go back on the road I am curios to know more about my pride and joy the log book says it is a 1975 which is clearly the age of the donor car GUK 589N but just today I
    found a number on the chassis 2302 dos anyone have any records that may help me with my search?

Re: How old is my Roadster?

Hi mark we have the original sales receipts from Paul at marlin, can you tell me the original builder name and we can have a look for you. Also if you upload some picture I can tell you some info etc.
    Regards
    Lee
    Chairman moc

Comment

Hi Lee,
      unfortunately I bought the boxes from a friend who had bought them from an acquaintance who had bought the car as a runner about 14 yeas ago so tracing the name will take some time if the acquaintance can even remember. And the only original photo is a copy of a bad picture please see attached. I have also attached a photo of the car about 2 months ago.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi mark at a guess I would say 83/ 84 ish let's know if you get the name
        Regards
        Lee

Comment

Hi Mark my chassis number is 2734 (Roadster) and the kit was purchased in 1984 if thats any help....Car looks great and love the bootlid......Cheers Chris

Comment

Brilliant thanks guys I am trying to see if I can get the originally purchasers name. I am not responsible for the boot but I am really pleased with it. PS. I am trying desperately to get it ready for Stoneleigh so maybe see you there.

Comment

Best guess from other known chassis numbers on file is end of November 1982.

Im sure this car was once all black but the paint was worn down to the gel coat on the corners because it lived under a cover. Last seen Sandown 1987 with the bootlid.
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben, I didn't expect that sort of detail! Wow Now all I have to do is ask if anyone has photos of Sandown 1987 you never know someone may have snapped a black beasty with a boot!!

Comment

Interesting. My roadster has the number 1621MM on the chassis, donor 1972 Marina L Reg. Built in 1991 from what I understood to be a very late Crediton kit.

Comment

Hi Peter,

Your chassis Mk2- 1621mm was despatched on the 3rd August 1991 from the Marlin Engineering Unit Plymouth. Before the roadster and berlinetta was sold off to YKC.

Is it possible you could either email(in pit stop) or PM me with the reg number to complete the entry for your car. In exchange I can provide the name of the original order from the old factory files.

Thanks
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I love to see this sort of thing going on, on the forum, questions being asked about peoples cars and answers given. Brilliant.
                      Terry

Comment

Working...
                      X